I can't get to sleep!

(7 Posts)
Taylor1234 Sat 14-Nov-20 20:54:29

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in my 2 week wait have a lot of symptoms but not going to do a test until AF is late. I have just one quick question and wanted to see if anyone has had similar.
I CANNOT get to sleep at night, no matter how hard I try or how tired I am (today I've been for a 7 mile walk and had a relaxing bath) but still struggle to get to sleep. When I do it's for a short amount of time before I wake up again, usually after having a very vivid but strange dream/nightmare.
Any stories of your own would be appreciated

OP’s posts: |
Meomeomeo Sat 14-Nov-20 21:16:10

How far are you in the tww? This is what I have since I found out and it’s been on going for weeks now. I just don’t sleep through. Vivid dream n waking up very often.

Taylor1234 Sat 14-Nov-20 22:06:09

Hi, I'm only 7/8 dpo so probably to early, but I have never had an issue getting to sleep or sleeping through which is what's brought me to post on here x

LuckyFlash Sun 15-Nov-20 08:20:43

I’ve never heard of insomnia being an early pregnancy symptom (I googled it in my 2ww and didn’t get any conclusive results) so this is in no way scientific but I think I literally stopped being able to sleep from the day I conceived. It was the only real change I noticed - no other symptoms at all and I was convinced I wasn’t pregnant.

Turns out I was. Sadly for me my insomnia has never gone away and I think I’ve only had about 5 good nights sleep in 19 weeks!

Fingers crossed it’s a positive sign for you (but that it goes away when you get ya bfp!)

Taylor1234 Sun 15-Nov-20 08:41:40

I'm trying not to think about it too much but it's just so out of the blue for me! Like yoh say, Fingers crossed it does go away if I get a BFP x

Humpty11 Sun 15-Nov-20 09:28:40

I had terrible insomnia and very vivid dreams for the first couple of weeks after finding out I was pregnant. I’m not sure if it was related. Hopefully you get the result you are after 🤞🏼

Taylor1234 Sun 15-Nov-20 09:44:49

@Humpty11 people do say that vivid dreams are a sign but I shall just wait until AF is late and then test😁

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in