Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding at 10 weeks

(8 Posts)
Twinny311088 Sun 23-Aug-20 19:57:52

I went for an early scan at 9 weeks + 3 and saw the heartbeat and baby was measuring fine. I then started bleeding last night at 10 weeks. There was a little in my pyjamas at 1am I then called the hospital and was told to wear a pad and if I soaked through within the hour or had pains to go down. At 5am I had bled much more in pad and when I had went to the toilet twice there was a lot in toilet. Since then until now there was nothing until I wiped. About an hour ago I wiped and a stringy long clot was there and since then nothing. Does anybody have any advice or anybody been through something similar? I am trying to stay calm but finding it difficult as I had a blighted ovum in April this year. I am booked in for a scan tomorrow morning.

OP’s posts: |
Boredinthehouse12 Sun 23-Aug-20 20:46:28

Try not to panic, there’s every chance the baby is absolutely fine. Have you had cramping with bleed? If so, I’d get down to A&E x

Twinny311088 Sun 23-Aug-20 21:02:09

No cramping or pain as such just a few twinges that started after I bled. I probs wouldn’t bother with previously but they aren’t helping with the worry. X

FourFlapjacksPlease Sun 23-Aug-20 21:07:17

I had this in my 2nd pregnancy - resulting son is now 12! Had a bleed at 10 weeks and then off and on through the pregnancy. It was very scary as its hard to imagine that you can bleed in a healthy pregnancy - but there are lots of reasons you might have a small bleed.

Will keep everything crossed for your scan xx

Blissfulignorance Sun 23-Aug-20 21:11:02

I'm not sure if this would be helpful or not. But when I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks I had the most god awful cramps, actually very similar to a full on contraction just not as bad. They did take my breath away though. They lasted about 40 minutes and then shortly after I miscarried.

I really hope everything works out for you and I know it feels like time is standing still but just have some faith and rest up. flowers

Boredinthehouse12 Mon 24-Aug-20 10:46:18

Hi OP, how did your scan go?

Twinny311088 Mon 24-Aug-20 13:18:13

Hi everybody

Thanks for your messages and the support. Just got back and everything with baby is fine. They could see a patch beside baby that they think is blood so they said there might be more but not to panic. I’m so glad my minds out at ease now, was such a relief seeing the little heartbeat! Now time to sleep for the first time all weekend!

Clarkel1 Mon 24-Aug-20 14:31:51

I had bleeding at 6 8 10 and 12 weeks and awful pain, they also said I had a patch of blood (heamatoma) it's cleared up now and I am 20 weeks ... hope your ok x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in