Talk

Advanced search

Early scan

(4 Posts)
gracex4 Fri 29-May-20 11:22:39

I'm 7wks+2 and I'm having an early scan tomoz I've never had one before 🤭 has anyone ever had one and not been as far as they thought or further than they thought? Or found out it's twins 😆

OP’s posts: |
lockdownpregnancy Fri 29-May-20 11:27:49

I had a 6 week private scan booked in and ended up having a scan with the NHS as I was in a lot of pain and was a week and half further along than I thought!
It was a nice surprise as it brought my due date forward, which means 1 week less of pregnancy than I originally thought! 😁
Currently 22 weeks now x

Elouera Fri 29-May-20 11:28:39

Congrats!!! They will go through your medical history and the pregnancy. Might ask thins like last period date, normal cycle, when did you 1st get a BFP etc. An early scan will usually be internal, just so you know. They have a thin probe which they put a medical condom on. The whole probe doesn't go inside, so don't worry if it seems very long! There will be some pushing and moving it about, but I found it much easier than say a smear test.

Is it a private scan or NHS viability scan? have you checked if a partner can come along? If its private, they might give you a copy of the scan, whereas my NHS one a few weeks ago they didn't. I was scanned at 7+2, but only measuring 6+2. I'd read that early on, its all very small and majority go on and have no issues- esp if a heartbeat is seen. Best of luck x

gracex4 Fri 29-May-20 11:34:52

Thanks ladies smile
So I'm going by the dolp so I'm praying I'm right lol I did my first test on the 1st may that said 1-2 weeks which won't make me as far but then taking into consideration dolp was the 8th April.
I've never found out this early with my others so feels like a long old wait. I booked an early scan with window to the womb.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in