Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me your BFP after bleeding stories.....

(15 Posts)
StillWaiting3 Thu 28-May-20 13:32:30

I'm definitely probably maybe going insane. Despite a range of oddities this month (including current extreme tiredness and nausea) I have had af 3 days early and now it's stopped just 2 days later. Yes, it was red but rather watery and very light (mostly on wiping/peeing and not much on pad at all).

Now obviously, I took this short 'period' to mean that it may just be the myth that is 'implantation bleeding' and have exhausted my google searches! Dr google says I AM pregnant. Dr google also says it is IMPOSSIBLE.

In my heart, I probably know that this was indeed just a short period this month, I'm on CD3 and should get on with the next cycle - but I think I need you wonderful ladies to talk me down....so....any experience/wisdom/rational thoughts very welcome!

OP’s posts: |
Gunpowder Thu 28-May-20 13:34:53

Have you tested? I had very light spotting/bleeding and it was twins! Another time it was a chemical pregnancy I think.

RunnerGirl123 Thu 28-May-20 13:37:01

The only way you'll know is if you do a test - best to wait a couple of days after the bleeding stops because if it is implantation bleeding, it will take a couple of days for hcg to rise.

My implantation bleeding was different to my period. I had pink and pale brown spotting on wiping for 4 days before my BFP, nowhere near as heavy as a period and then when it ended without any proper bleeding I tested 2 days later and got a BFP!

Good luck!!

StillWaiting3 Thu 28-May-20 13:49:05

@Gunpowder @RunnerGirl123 thanks. Twins do run in my family so you never know...!

I figure if I was PG it may not show on a test yet though as af due officially tomorrow? The bleeding started pink on Monday eve (after sex) and became red Tuesday and yesterday. Now it’s gone.

EllieJai44 Thu 28-May-20 13:54:18

I had one lot of red bleeding at 8dpo and then by 10dpo I had a positive test! Definitely worth testing just to see, it should be positive at this stage!

inforapennyinforapug Thu 28-May-20 14:11:15

I had bleeding at 4weeks and now have a 15 month old! A FRER would probably give a clear answer one day before your period?

StillWaiting3 Thu 28-May-20 14:43:16

@inforapennyinforapug do you mind me asking what it was like? and how soon after you got a BFP?
I have a CB in the house but no FRER. Part of me thinks it’s stupid to waste it but can’t shake the feeling that the ‘period’ I had was so unusual.

aleisha1989 Thu 28-May-20 14:56:37

I wouldn't be using DR google to find answers because according to some symptoms I've experienced in the past doctor google diagnosed me with a stroke... anyway, point being only time will tell. Take a hpt and see how you go from there. Good luck!

Gunpowder Thu 28-May-20 15:28:05

Have my fingers crossed for you. Maybe try the CB in the morn?

H8624 Thu 28-May-20 16:09:10

I had 3 days of red spotting which I always got before AF so assumed I was out, but it then disappeared rather than turning into proper AF which is why I then tested a few days later. Even a few days later it was a VERY faint BFP on an internet cheapie test

StillWaiting3 Thu 28-May-20 16:12:33

I went and got a FRER. I don’t know if I see anything. Maybe I shouldn’t have taken it mid afternoon! Or maybe I should accept it’s a negative result and move on? What do you ladies think?

sarahc336 Thu 28-May-20 16:52:00

I can see something faint but to be honest it's so faint it could just be the evap line x

StillWaiting3 Thu 28-May-20 19:33:41

@sarahc336 I thought evap too but it does look pinky. I guess there’s nothing to do but wait. Thanks so much for everyone’s comments. No one knows we are trying and it can be pretty lonely.

Frost1 Thu 28-May-20 19:35:45

I can't see anything on your test, sorry! sad

I had brown discharge for one day, 3 days before my period was due. It's not unusual for me so I didn't think anything of it. Now I can only think this was implantation - but I've always read stories about it being heavier than this. I tested positive 3 days late for my period (I didn't test any earlier than this).

If it was me, I would just wait and see if my period showed up next month as I've had short and weird periods before. But if you think you could be pregnant, wait a week and test again. If it's implantation I think you need to wait a few days anyway for the hormones? I could be wrong, I'm no expert haha smile Good luck!!!

Redannie118 Thu 28-May-20 19:41:51

I had a light bleed for about 3 days at 4 weeks for both my pregnancies. No clots or cramps, but still red blood and enough to need regular tampon changes. Lots of other pg symptoms though- esp very sore boobs !

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in