Talk

Advanced search

Nappies

(53 Posts)
Angelinthenightx Fri 19-Jul-19 12:45:01

Lets talk nappies, which ones are best. Pampers were what i always have used but thought id try a cheaper brand this time around.
Anyone used fred & flo at tesco? Let me know what u are all using,used,best ones & what not to use.
Thanks ladies x

Chista Sun 21-Jul-19 12:10:40

We plan to use Beaming Baby nappies in the hospital and then when home, reusable ones. There's soooo many out there its making my head spin to choose which one - any advice?

FrancesV83 Sun 21-Jul-19 11:30:43

Hi OP, I found Tesco’s own the best for my eldest, they are not as soft as pampers but are more absorbent. My son used to leak out of pampers!
This time I’m going to try ASDAs own brand as that’s where we go shopping, so hopefully they’ll be just as good.

IntoValhalla Sat 20-Jul-19 18:02:49

I’ve mostly clothes nappied my kids - but that’s a whole other thread of brands, styles etc!!
When we’ve used disposables I’ve found Tesco, Aldi and Pampers to all be great (although I’m a tight arse and only ever buy pampers when they are on offer blush). I’ve tried most supermarket brands and the only ones I really didn’t like were Sainsbury’s (their pull-up style nappies for older babies have weird Velcro sides that just annoy me!) and Asda regular tab nappies always ended up leaking.
At the moment, DS is in Aldi pull up style nappies as he’s on the brink of potty training and they are easy to pull up and down if he decides he wants to use the potty

DappledThings Sat 20-Jul-19 17:56:59

I've used:
Boots
Tesco
Asda
Morrisons
Sainsburys
Pampers
Waitrose
Ocado
Found them all completely the same. I've always just bought from what happens to be the nearest shop when needed.

Pinktinker Sat 20-Jul-19 15:46:12

Reusables.

Shaunieh95 Sat 20-Jul-19 15:12:19

I used pampers premium protection when DS1 was born however soon moved on to Aldi once I knew he had no issues with his skin etc.

I will be doing the same with DS2

DS1 leaked every time in pampers dry fit xx

SnuffleBadger Sat 20-Jul-19 06:35:52

@foreverhanging Yes to pampers smelling weird.....everyone looks at me strangely when I say that!!

We found the best to be Aldi or ASDA. The worst we found were Sainsbury's.

whatswithtodaytoday Sat 20-Jul-19 06:32:48

We use Pampers. Tried Morrison's and they were terrible, never had any major problems with Pampers so no reason to change. We don't shop in Also or Lidl so CBA to go there just for nappies.

hammeringinmyhead Sat 20-Jul-19 06:27:43

We used Pampers til size 3 when we switched to Asda. I don't like Lidl.

PulpHorn Fri 19-Jul-19 22:53:59

Another cloth vote here

So many poo leaks (up the back) in the early days so basically did all the extra laundry anyway when I used disposables. They're so much nicer and modern ones aren't that much work. Close pop ins are my favourites

Potatopia Fri 19-Jul-19 20:22:22

Thanks @TinyMystery @TheJoxter @cupoftea84
I've contacted my local nappy library (didn't realise these existed) to ask about hiring newborn cloth nappies. Muslins etc sound like a great option.

LittleKitty1985 Fri 19-Jul-19 19:27:11

Different brands suit the specific shape of different babies. DS has been fine in pampers, Lidl, Aldi & Tesco but he'd always leak in Sainsbury's. Just buy a few cheap ones and see how you get on...

TinyMystery Fri 19-Jul-19 19:21:17

@lookingatthings

We started to transition into BTP at about three or four weeks as he was a fairly chunky lad but still used muslins up until he was about 10 weeks I think. We found terries, Small Sandys, or Motherease Onesize were great when he first started needing night nappies. I know people love Bamboozles as night nappies but we never really got a good fit with them.

Blondcat Fri 19-Jul-19 17:10:28

Aldi or tesco are our favourite ones (don't like the ocado or asda ones we tried).

Cheeky wipes are great if you want reusable wipes too.

Plan to use birth to potty reusable ones when dd is a bit bigger we have the bambino mio solo ones but we will probably still use a few disposables along with these.

qj17 Fri 19-Jul-19 16:09:42

Aldi. We are finding pampers leak !

moreismore Fri 19-Jul-19 16:08:50

Aldi were fab with my first but they have changed them somehow, they made them more slimline and now with my second we had nothing but leaks and explosions. Their night time pull ups also suddenly started leaking. So now back to pampers for both as fed up of the washing! Aldi wipes are v good though.

stucknoue Fri 19-Jul-19 16:04:36

Cloth!

lookingatthings Fri 19-Jul-19 15:48:06

@tinymystery when did you move out of Muslins and wraps, and what did you move to? DS is 17 weeks and Muslins are still fine during the day but I'm struggling a bit with night time. Really don't want to go to disposables but have leaks even with pockets (stuffed to the gills)

Sorry to hijack your threat op. I've no experience with disposables at all but would really recommend reusable as a cost effective (after initial outlay) and environmentally responsible alternative

RoseReally Fri 19-Jul-19 15:47:04

Had loads of leaks with Pampers.

RoseReally Fri 19-Jul-19 15:46:36

I prefer Aldi to Pampers. I think the best ones are the Sainsbury's own ones though.

RollOnSummerBreak Fri 19-Jul-19 15:45:40

Aldi without a doubt. Only ever had 1 leak which was my fault because I forgot to change her before bed. Bad mumma. I go there especially

TheJoxter Fri 19-Jul-19 15:43:28

I’d also recommend cloth, never had a single leak

Potatopia
Muslins and wraps are a great option for newborns if you don’t want to buy loads of newborn nappies, and they can be chucked into the wash without pre rinsing or anything when they’re not on solids so not too much hassle to wash when you get home. Newborn nappies should always be washed at 60’ though

Mrsmummy90 Fri 19-Jul-19 15:40:54

Aldi are the only ones we'll use. Dd has only worn Pampers twice and each time got a horrific rash.

Starlight84 Fri 19-Jul-19 15:13:41

I think I’m going with the Alva reusable ones this time. I used little lambs previously. I’m impressed with the Alva ones after a child at my work using them. Easy to change, no faff or leakage. Not bad price either x

Nearlyfriyay987654321 Fri 19-Jul-19 14:54:16

Aldi until siZe 3 then back to pampers!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »