Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Braxton hicks

(12 Posts)
Relaxing2 Fri 09-Mar-18 19:55:27

Are Braxton hicks surpose to be painful it's only been happening about 4pm every day until about 7pm

Ohyesiam Fri 09-Mar-18 19:58:20

Mine weren't painful, Just my whole bump went rigid from the top down, it could be uncomfortable though.

Relaxing2 Fri 09-Mar-18 20:01:21

Yea mine are painful make me breathe slowly or squeeze my eyes shut until it's passed

heatherxo Fri 09-Mar-18 20:12:24

Mine are incredibly painful at times. Had a trip to the hospital because I actually thought I was in early labour.

Feels like period cramps, along with the tightenings of bh

Relaxing2 Fri 09-Mar-18 21:32:33

Yea that's what it feels like what did they say to you at the hosptial

heatherxo Sat 10-Mar-18 11:22:59

They done a swab that determines whether labour will happen within 2 weeks, which came back negative so they weren't overly concerned.
Just told me to rest and take paracetamol for the pain, but paracetamol and pregnancy don't mix well with me so I just gotta grin and bear it

Shaunieh95 Sat 10-Mar-18 11:27:14

How far are you?

I get them quite often however got painful whilst I was in for reduced movement and swab come back positive and was admitted,

Was let out after 2 long days and told to watch if they come back to go straight back in as baby could come any time, although most probs end up with induction as baby's growths also declined 😩

Relaxing2 Sat 10-Mar-18 11:43:20

Hi I'm ok it's alright up until about 4pm then it kicks in for a few hours and then gos off again but when they happen there very painful and baby's movements hurt too

Ekphrasis Tue 13-Mar-18 17:30:14

Glad not a zombie thread!

How are you now @Relaxing2?

I've just posted a similar question. 31 weeks.

Relaxing2 Tue 13-Mar-18 19:52:00

Hi I still get them I've spoken you my midwife about it all today and she said that it's because baby running out of room but become very painful to hosptial

Ekphrasis Tue 13-Mar-18 20:26:24

How many weeks? I've been quite taken aback by this afternoon's pain.

Relaxing2 Wed 14-Mar-18 00:43:29

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: