Talk

Advanced search

Broken sleep.

(11 Posts)
0live592 Wed 07-Feb-18 22:15:08

Hi, I'm 16 weeks pregnant and in the last couple of weeks I've been sleeping really badly. I fall asleep quickly but then wake up at 2 or 3 am every night. I know I'm going to need to get used to sleep deprivation but it is rubbish. Anyone else had a similar problem and any tips to get back to sleep or even better make it stop? Thanks.

CremeDeSudo Thu 08-Feb-18 11:30:56

No tips sorry but I'm exactly the same. It's so frustrating sad. And DH snoring keeps me awake. I nearly pushed him out of bed last night as he was snoring in my direction! How dare he angrygrin

Serenrose Thu 08-Feb-18 11:35:12

Unfortunately I suffered with this too. I was prescribed sleeping tablets called promethazine. I actually sleep better now she is here!

Addy2 Thu 08-Feb-18 22:44:08

I was the same. Now sleeping lots better at twenty one weeks. Might only be temporary.

drinkyourmilk Thu 08-Feb-18 22:46:23

My sleep throughout pregnancy was awful. Absolutely awful. I really feel for you, because I know how frustrating it can be. No tips at all I'm afraid, just solidarity.

0live592 Thu 08-Feb-18 23:11:32

Aaaaw thanks guys, fingers crossed it's just a phase. CremeDeSudo I completely get why the snoring drives you mad, I completely got the rage with DP last night because he dared to be asleep when I wasn't! Wish me luck, I'm off to try and get some sleep.

Misssmoo Fri 09-Feb-18 08:37:13

26 plus here and still happening wake at 3am every day ...I shattered x

Chaosofcalm Fri 09-Feb-18 08:38:02

I found hypnobirthing CD helpful and it often make me fall asleep.

Girlwiththearabstrap Fri 09-Feb-18 08:38:37

Still going on at 28 weeks here. Getting up for work is torture. No advice but lots of empathy! I find a strong coffee and plenty of water is keeping me going.

Blondemother Fri 09-Feb-18 15:38:07

Might be a silly question, but when you wake in the night are you hungry?
If I woke in the night I could never get back to sleep for my rumbling stomach so always had a few biscuits on my bedside table for early hours emergencies.

0live592 Fri 09-Feb-18 20:41:59

Not noticed being particularly hungry but will try anything, especially if it involves emergency biscuits! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now