Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Using chemicals in pregnancy.. Particularly oven cleaner.?

(5 Posts)
CinnamonAndSpice Fri 20-Oct-17 16:32:30

Is it OK to do this. I Mr muscle my oven approx every 8 weeks. However I had done it just before getting pregnant. Haven't since as tbh have felt too bleugh to do it.
Now it's bugging me. But I generally do cough with the fumes anyway and I know some chemicals you have to be wary of.
If it's. Not a good idea I'll leave it as I always get it professionally steam cleaned in Jan.. I'll just have to put up with it. It's not awful but if I could do it I would.

confusedandemployed Fri 20-Oct-17 16:35:24

I'm not one for wrapping pregnant women in cotton wool at all, but this is something even I would not have contemplated doing whilst pregnant.

not that I've ever contemplated doing it

CinnamonAndSpice Fri 20-Oct-17 17:37:23

That's my view. I just get on and do every thing as I normally would.. However that did mahke me think twice.. Thank you

Ilovechocolate111 Fri 20-Oct-17 17:50:30

You'll be fine. I clean my oven today with mr muscle and been bleaching everything. Did this with all 3 baby's and everything is fine 😀 you'll be ok. If your worried just make sure your windows and doors is open xx

TheCatsMother99 Fri 20-Oct-17 18:11:04

I'm almost 100% sure I've seen somewhere it say you can't clean your oven when pregnant due to particular chemicals in the cleaner. I can't find the decent source that said it but I found this:

www.webmd.com/baby/features/what-to-avoid-when-youre-expecting

I don't think it's worth the risk as I know how string the chemicals are from before I was pregnant and them taking my breath away if I wasn't in a ventilated enough space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now