Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4-5 weeks

(22 Posts)
1234meg Thu 19-Oct-17 15:41:28

I had a miscarriage end of Aug my next period was from 11th sept - 22nd sept (longer than usual). Since then I haven't bled and felt abit tired and my boobs hurt abit so I took 3 pregnancy tests Monday 16th all coming up with light positives. I assume this would make me around 4 and a half weeks now. Obvs been googling like crazy as I'm so so worried I'll have another miscarriage especially when the positives are so light and I'm just not feeling all that different at all, my sore boobs have eased off and I'm not quite as tired, plus I know it's very common to miscarry the first 5 weeks. How common is it to have two miscarriage in a row? Why have the few small symptoms I've had eased off and why is the test I took today not any darker?? Does any of this point to early miscarried or chemical preg??

StepAwayFromGoogle Thu 19-Oct-17 16:09:35

meg, did you do a test following the miscarriage? And was it negative? If so, this is definitely a new pregnancy.
You are not any more likely to miscarry getting pregnant straight after a miscarriage. You may not have ovulated later than you thought but those tests look about right for 4-5 weeks to me x

StepAwayFromGoogle Thu 19-Oct-17 16:10:47

Sorry, that should say you may have ovulated later than you thought. No idea where the not came from.

1234meg Thu 19-Oct-17 16:24:28

I did get a negative test after the miscarriage so no doubt that this is a new pregnancy. Yeah was slightly confused about how many weeks I would be. I am concerned as to why the positives are so light and why I'm not feeling more pregnant

EastDulwichWife Thu 19-Oct-17 16:42:19

Congratulations on your BFP!

1234meg Thu 19-Oct-17 16:46:23

Thank you, just hope it sticks confused x

Dippingmytoesin Thu 19-Oct-17 16:48:21

Don't worry about not feeling pregnant, I never felt pregnant I had no symptoms - I now have a 2 year old!

Congrats & fingers crossed x

1234meg Thu 19-Oct-17 17:03:03

I'm more worried because I had had some slightly and now they've eased off, I still feel abit moody as if I'm pms-ing

careerwanted Thu 19-Oct-17 17:15:15

@1234meg I’m sorry that you had a miscarriage flowers I unfortunately had 4 miscarriages in a row (2 early natural mc and 2 missed mcs where at my 12week scans I was told my babies had stopped growing at around 6 weeks) so was referred for further investigations at a recurrent miscarriage clinic. A few weeks before my first appointment I found out I was pregnant again but was told to keep the appointment ‘just in case’ I miscarried again. I went to the appointment where I explained I was actually pregnant. They did a scan before planning any investigations which showed a bouncing 10 week baby who is now a 4 year old! I still don’t know why I miscarried so many times but it does happen. Fingers crossed for you

careerwanted Thu 19-Oct-17 17:15:44

And also I had barely any symptoms with my successful pregnancy

Munxx Thu 19-Oct-17 17:21:12

Just to say I had similar, went straight from MC to a new pregnancy and was shocked beyond belief with the tests. I was luckily allowed to have some blood tests and then more a few days later to show that the HCG was indeed increasing and was then scanned at 6 weeks and saw a heartbeat. I wouldn't exactly say I relaxed after that but was all encouraging!

What I mean to say is, yes it can happen and congrats! Also the cheapy pg tests can be very different in terms of dye content so darker/lighter may not necessarily be reliable. A digital may be the way forward ;)

1234meg Thu 19-Oct-17 17:39:12

I'm so sorry to hear that @careerewanted must have been so hard to go through it four times! I guess it could be just luck of the draw!

@munxx - you're so lucky to have had the blood test and early scan I really want that but I went to my doctors today and he said he didn't need to retest in anyway and I haven't heard back from anyone in terms of a midwife yet.

Fingers crossed I just get through this pregnancy! halo

holdthewine Thu 19-Oct-17 20:35:08

Have you done one of those tests which says x-y weeks?

SomehowSomewhere1 Thu 19-Oct-17 20:42:32

Hi it took till about 5wks for my tests to get dark I think, seemed ages. 22wks now. Had a private scan at 7wks because symptoms coming and going was scaring me.

1234meg Thu 19-Oct-17 21:02:01

@holdthewine no I haven't yet, think I'm gonna buy one though. I'm confident I'm pregnant just worried about miscarriage.

@somehowsomewhere1 I think if I've worked it out correctly I'd be around 5 weeks on Monday and mine are still light 😩 Hoping to keep testing as see the line get darker eventually x

1234meg Thu 19-Oct-17 21:02:57

From left to right - mon - today in the morning - today just now.

Scotslass01 Fri 20-Oct-17 15:20:32

Hi ladies,
Can I join please?
I found out I was pregnant last Saturday after my first round of IVF. I'm 5w. I've had my hGC checked twice and all is going in the right direction so couldn't be happier. I am booked in for an early pregnancy scan on the 6th November.
It's still so early I'm terrified something will happen. Im now the same as any newly pregnant woman I suppose with all the same fears. Would be nice to talk to people who are in the same boat or have been earlier on in their pregnancy.
Thanks

1234meg Fri 20-Oct-17 18:24:14

@scotslass01 I know so hard not to think of the worse isn't it. I took a clear blue digital today thinking it would make me feel better and come up with 2-3 (which would mean 4-5) which is what I should be but it came up as 1-2 (3-4)

Scotslass01 Fri 20-Oct-17 18:29:48

1234Meg I done one on Wednesday and it said 2-3. Have you been to the doctor yet?

1234meg Fri 20-Oct-17 18:50:06

@scotslass01 I have but he really wasn't any help at all. He didn't think there was a need to retesting as I'd already have positive test. I guess all I can do is wait and see if my levels rise. Planning on retesting next week as I should be 100% 5 weeks by then and hopefully it comes up as 2-3 then or even 3+. Sounds like yours is doing okay so far, have you had any symptoms yet? X

Scotslass01 Fri 20-Oct-17 19:33:13

1234Meg Auch that's rubbish, did he not even do bloods. Given it's such an anxious time you'd think he'd of checked your hGC levels just to reassure you. I think that's the only reason my doctor done it. I think I'm also going to do another one next week round about Wednesday.
Apart from sore boobs I don't feel any different. I'm totally paranoid about the cramps that keep coming and going and the twinges.
How are you feeling? X

Thawkins10 Fri 20-Oct-17 19:35:09

Hi need some friendly advise as new here..
31st Aug had my implant out during September I had my AF 3 times in one month!! Awful I know expecially when TTC. I use the Ovia app and during beginning of this month it said i was in my fertile window, so done the deed ;) about 6days after started experiencing flutters in stomach not feeling myself tired, moody ya know symptoms that suggested a pregnancy. So like anyone would get abit excited by this anyways today I thought I would do a pregnancy test this morning bfn for pregnancy and also done a ovulation test to which showed a line in the test line slightly faint.. as the day went on I had really bad stomach cramps and now have brown spotting when wipe!! Now getting very frustrated. Has anyone experienced the same and what does this mean?? Thanks in advance xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now