Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Using Canesten?

(6 Posts)
ShortThing94 Tue 13-Jun-17 11:51:14

Bit of an embarrassing one, but I'm 25 weeks pregnant and have the itchiess case of thrush. blush

Is it safe to use Canesten Combi? I've seen lots of conflicting advice and the box says not to but my midwife said it's fine as long as it's the creams?

Thanks x

Thewinedidit Tue 13-Jun-17 11:54:59

I had issues with the pharmacist not wanting to sell it to me when I was pregnant before. They would only give me the cream not the pessary. However I got my sister to get it for me as I was desperate. Checked with my midwife and they said it was fine to use.

runraggedeveryday Tue 13-Jun-17 12:05:03

I always suffer with thrush throughout my pregnancies. Pop to the doctor. I was always given cream and pessaries

Oly5 Tue 13-Jun-17 12:09:17

I use the cream and pessaries and gave through all my pregnancies. I either buy OTC or get them prescribed

dementedpixie Tue 13-Jun-17 12:23:06

Cream and pessary are fine (insert with finger). The oral tablet shouldn't be taken

ShortThing94 Tue 13-Jun-17 12:24:08

Thank you everyone, such a relief. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: