Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chemical pregnancies???

(3 Posts)
user1490011380 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:59:59

Hello everyone, getting faint positives all over the shop so certain I'm pregnant. However - I think I'm possibly only 12dpo - can anyone shed some light as to when I can be less worried about a chemical pregnancy happening? So anxious. And does this make me almost 4 weeks pregnant? All very new and confusing to me, thank you! X

sitonyourbottom Mon 24-Apr-17 14:07:29

I think a chemical pregnancy is defined as one that's only ever detected by a positive pregnancy text or blood test? ie so it ends before anything can be seen on a scan.

I have had three of these. With two I had positive tests at about 10-12dpo ish that faded to nothing over the course of a couple of days. With the last one (last month) I had positive tests for about a week, from 11dpo but after first couple of days they weren't getting stronger and then one morning a did a FRER and it was negative. Period arrived next day, so I think 8 days late. I have had four other pregnancies - two first month of trying, one miscarriage at 6 weeks, and then pregnant immediately after that miscarriage. All of these - successful and unsuccessful - have been conceived on first month of trying.

HOWEVER there is NOTHING to suggest that your pregnancy is a chemical one!! That is an early positive but that doesn't mean anything. Try and relax and enjoy it.

user1490011380 Mon 24-Apr-17 20:10:43

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me information and advice. I am going to try my hardest to try and relax about it all... just wish I hadn't been so hot on the testing!! I'm a nightmare xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now