Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Planned inductions

(4 Posts)
JonSnowsWhore Mon 03-Apr-17 19:22:24

Those people who have had/are having planned inductions, can you remember when in your pregnancy the decision was made with the consultant? I'm 30 weeks & am seeing mine tomorrow so just wondering if that's the time to discuss it. I had one with my last baby but can't for the life of me remember how far in advance it was decided!

Redyellowpinkblue Mon 03-Apr-17 19:26:48

My circumatances may be different as I have gd. With dd1 I was told I'd probably have an induction due to gd and it was touched upon at 30 weeks with a consultant but it wasn't till 34 that the decision for induction was really made, then anaesthetist appointments made and more consultant appointments/scans etc. Then at 36 weeks I got a date and was induced 38 weeks exactly.

This time I know I'm going to be induced again, I have my consultant appointment on the 13th when I'll be nearly 34 weeks so I expect they'll work to the same time frame after that as before.

Toobloodytired Mon 03-Apr-17 19:38:53

I was 35+6 days when my induction was planned for 37+1

JonSnowsWhore Mon 03-Apr-17 19:41:09

Ah ok, I don't remember how far in advanced but I know it was brought up & decided all in one appointment.

I suppose every hospital & circumstance is different. I'm not expecting them to want to induce me too early, I'm thinking 39-40 weeks, but that could change depending on how my condition changes & if I have another consultant appointment after this one I suppose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now