Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When should I stop taking cyclizine?

(9 Posts)
Batteriesallgone Tue 21-Feb-17 18:43:11

Prior two pregnancies had hyperemesis and was prescribed cyclizine. So naturally this time I was straight down the GP at first whiff of nausea. But...this pregnancy doesn't seem as bad. Nowhere near. I'm only being sick once every few days, the nausea isn't overwhelming, I'm eating a good variety of foods and staying well hydrated. And I'm 11 weeks now so could be past the worst? shock

So should I stop the cyclizine?

I still feel a little nauseous but I wonder if that's because I'm so dead tired - pretty sure the cyclizine is contributing to that.

If I stop it will I keel over (with head over the toilet) and become useless? Got two other kids to look after so can't do with needing bed rest like the last times. Thoughts? Thanks!

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 21-Feb-17 18:46:23

Try it and see

I was awful the first 14w. Then a bit better but still sick every day to 20w

Things improved tho still sick here and there

I'm still on 3 as everything I stop /reduce few days later I'm really sick for a few days

Now almost 35 and being sick again in eve maybe 1-2 times a week even tho on max dose

Batteriesallgone Tue 21-Feb-17 18:48:06

Oh gosh poor you Blondes. I remember that from the last times, it's awful isn't that. That's why I'm so afraid of stopping because I know how debilitating sickness can be.

Can I just trial stopping for a day? I don't know how long it takes to clear out your system / be effective again after restarting.

Coldhandscoldheart Tue 21-Feb-17 19:30:44

Half life is about twenty hours, so it will clear quite quickly. Peak plasma concentration is 2 hours, so you may have a few hours misery, but it should start working again quite quickly. Assuming I've interpreted right, but I think I have.
From here

Batteriesallgone Tue 21-Feb-17 19:40:19

Wow brilliant info thanks! grin

HN42 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:44:04

I've started weaning myself off it at 13 weeks, I'm now 15 weeks. I was taking 3 times a day between 11 and 13 weeks and I am feeling much better now and only taking either once or twice a day, but it's more the retching I am still a bit fearful of so I thought I'd just wean myself off until I'm feeling brave enough to come off them. I forgot to take them a few times this last week and I've been ok when I've not had a tablet. I got my cyclizine from the out of hours GP who only told me to go back to my normal GP if symptoms didn't improve but because they did I never did go back so just carried on taking them so not really had any advice when to stop taking.

Batteriesallgone Tue 21-Feb-17 20:47:29

Last pregnancy I was on them from 7 weeks to 20 weeks and didn't stop taking them until I was completely nausea free.

But this time the increased tiredness seems a much heavier price to pay and I'm thinking I could cope with a little more nausea if I wasn't so knackered. Ah shit I just don't know! I know no one can tell me what to do I'm just confused blush

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 21-Feb-17 21:30:47

It's awful. Overjoyed to be preg but fed up of being sick 😷😷

Takes a few days of me not taking them then I'm sick And takes another day or so to get back in system

So worked out I'm quite sick if don't take them and kinda sick if I do

So I'm carrying on with full dose

jmariehac Sun 26-Feb-17 20:26:50

I wonder if I should go see my gp I'm 8 weeks and sickNess is really getting me down now ..up through night as well...I have two other kids and work so it's not the best x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now