Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Straight blurred vision/seeing lights

(11 Posts)
vfoster Thu 02-Feb-17 10:21:16

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone had experienced odd vision when pregnant.
Just today my vision suddenly changed and I've got blurred areas and flashing lights. The areas are like long strings of blur of that makes any sense.
It just happened when I got to work, no other symptoms! I was actually feeling ok today as I haven't vomited for the first time in ages and have a bit of energy for once! I'm 16+4. Any ideas?

AmyG87 Thu 02-Feb-17 12:52:13

Hi, I couldn't just ignore this but I can't relate or help. But if I was you, I'd phone your midwife / antenatal ward for advice. Hope you feel better soon x

Losgunna Thu 02-Feb-17 12:55:00

Visual disturbances in pregnancy are related to blood pressure problems and pre eclampsia.
Call your midwife asap.

JennyOnAPlate Thu 02-Feb-17 12:56:08

Lights in your eyes can be a sign of high blood pressure. I would see your gp/practice nurse asap to get it checked.

GinIsIn Thu 02-Feb-17 13:06:35

It can also just be an ocular migraine - they are more common in pregnancy, and perfectly harmless. Don't panic but do ring the midwife.

FreeWeezy Thu 02-Feb-17 14:31:21

I had this later in my pregnancy, around 35 weeks and it was pre-eclampsia. Definitely call your midwife and ask them to check blood pressure and urine. Hope all is okay op x

minijoeyjojo Thu 02-Feb-17 14:34:22

Hi, yes I think I had this during pregnancy. It was never bad and I almost convinced myself that I'd been imagining it. My blood pressure was fine and no pre-eclampsia, I did have slightly low iron though. No idea if the two are related!

tobecontinued2000 Thu 02-Feb-17 14:35:35

I had this when I was pregnant. I was diabetic.

Best to call your midwife.

empirerecordsrocked Thu 02-Feb-17 14:35:35

It can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia - you need to get checked.

F1ipFlopFrus Thu 02-Feb-17 14:41:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vfoster Thu 02-Feb-17 15:13:27

Thanks everyone, I'll give the midwife a ring when I get home. Thought it was too early for pre eclampsia but will check it out.
I've had the blurred lines before straight after my c section a few years ago. I think it was put down to anemia and blood pressure then so worth checking it out! Finished a horrible day at work so wouldn't be surprised if my blood pressure wasn't through the roof now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now