Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How many times a day does your baby hiccup?

(8 Posts)
LadyBunnyFluff Mon 19-Dec-16 11:14:28

I am 36 weeks. My baby is having hiccuping multiple times a day, yesterday she had at least six sessions that I was awake for.

Is this normal?

How many times a day does your baby have hiccups ?

Nikki2ol6 Mon 19-Dec-16 11:42:19

My baby had 7 sessions a couple of weeks ago at around 35-36wks now he's back to once or twice

PeachBellini123 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:32:44

From what I've read/been told it's them practising breathing.

Mine has quite a few sessions a day and sometimes at night hmm

Will be funny to see them hiccuping on the outside grin

foamybananasweets Mon 19-Dec-16 12:40:19

Every time I wanted to sleep! I never counted, but it was pretty constant. DD is 10yo now and still gets hiccups all the time grin

She had pretty bad silent reflux as a baby which took a while to pick up. I was told this was reasonably common for really hiccupy babies but don't know how true that is.

Littlelegs19 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:40:42

When I was pregnant, from around 32-36 weeks he would hiccup at least 7 times a day (that I felt.) now that he is here, he gets hiccups around 4 times a day, maybe more. My midwife said it was them practise breathing and is nothing to worry about xx

Princesspinkgirl Mon 19-Dec-16 13:06:53

On average once every 1-2 days with my pink bump

LadyBunnyFluff Mon 19-Dec-16 17:51:51

I feel better hearing that the majority of posters also have little manic hiccupers!

ElspethFlashman Mon 19-Dec-16 17:54:29

It actually depends on the baby. My first hiccupped in the womb all the time and hiccupped quite a lot the first year too.

My second never hiccupped in the womb and never hiccupped once born either!

Don't ask me to explain it cos I haven't a clue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now