Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do I do about a UTI?

(5 Posts)

I'm -5+4 and I've spent since 10 last night getting out of bed every 20 mins to wee, but there's nothing there 😴😴

It's been every 10 mins since 8pm

Do I call 111 for an out of hours appointment? Or ride it out?

Friend is saying loads of water and cranberry juice but I've got hyperemesis so I'll just throw it all back up.

INeedNewShoes Sat 17-Dec-16 09:29:48

Definitely phone for an out of hours appointment. UTIs need treating properly sooner rather than later in pregnancy.

Pluto30 Sat 17-Dec-16 09:31:23

Out of hours appointment!

It needs treating ASAP. UTIs are bitches of things and won't go away on their own. Needs antibiotics, and see if you can get your hands on something like Ural to alleviate some of the symptoms until the antibiotics kick in.

NameChange30 Sat 17-Dec-16 09:32:07

Yes call 111 for an out of hours appointment.
You do need to drink as much water as you can - firstly because you will need to provide a urine sample and secondly because if there is an infection it will help flush it out.
It might just be pregnancy hormones making you want to wee all the time but as untreated UTIs can cause problems in pregnancy, you don't want to take the risk.
If you weren't pregnant you could maybe take your friend's advice to drink water and cranberry juice and wait it out, but given that you are pregnant it's irresponsible advice tbh.

Oh bugger. I thought so.

Thanks all. I'll ring now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now