Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bit early but considering reusable

(9 Posts)
MumofthreeandBean Thu 13-Oct-16 14:58:57

What are the thoughts on reusable nappies??

I am thinking although it's a big outlay at the beginning would it be better to wash and dry at home? They are good for the environment too

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 13-Oct-16 15:03:03

Check out the go real website. There are lots of nappy libraries where you could try before you buy. Nappies suitable for newborns tend to only fit for about 3 months, then you can move up to adjustable Birth To Potty or One Size Fits Most nappies which will fit till potty trained.

Moofin Thu 13-Oct-16 15:07:39

We use little lambs, they have periodic sales on Facebook and you can get some great deals if you like them. There are lots of types but I find their preshaped ones as easy as disposables . Biggest advantage - they contain poo much much better than disposables - biggest disadvantage - getting them dried at this time of year ( generally have to resort to the dryer)

Moofin Thu 13-Oct-16 15:08:30

We love tbhen btw and only use disposables when traveling

Portobelly Thu 13-Oct-16 15:16:25

I use cloth. We are nearly potty training. And have worn cloth since birth.
All my early research resulted in me buying bum genius 'flip' covers with prefolds inside.
They were great.
And then I discovered wool.
So much better and nicer than pul (plastic)
You use wool shorts over cloth nappies (terries, muslins, shaped, prefolds, poppered)
No need for additional clothing on the bottom half, just teeshirts and cardis.
Wonderful.
Totally breathable, so good for the skin.
My son has never had any rash at all.
It's easy.
And is no more than two loads of washing a week.
There is a good fb group for woolly bums.

Nan0second Thu 13-Oct-16 15:17:46

They're great. There's a few useful threads on the nappies boards.

MumofthreeandBean Thu 13-Oct-16 16:55:52

Thankyou - I don't have a clue where to start!!
I will start having a read, any directions to great forum posts etc would be much appreciated!!

anonymice Thu 13-Oct-16 17:08:50

Clothnappytree is a good place to buy them second hand. Never had much nappy rash with cloth nappies. Used them for both my girls and love them.

ThinkOfAWittyNameLater Thu 13-Oct-16 18:27:50

Thenappylady.co.uk is a great place to get more information & offers a free questionnaire to help you identify the best system for your individual circumstances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now