Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waters?!

(9 Posts)
queendrama Thu 29-Sep-16 11:34:31

Name change for this post as my name is identifying.
I'm 36 weeks pregnant today. Just had a small 'gush' of water?! I don't think it's wee as I didn't need a wee.. And appeared to be coming from inside? But it was watery, unlike my waters with my daughter where it was shiny? Earlier on after the school run I noticed a little spot that had gone through to my leggings too..?
Am I being paranoid??!
Any advice please d

Rubberduck2 Thu 29-Sep-16 11:43:19

So.. You need to put a pad on, lie down for an hour and then stand up. If it's your waters you should have another gush as it collects whilst you're lay down.

This is what triage told me to do when I had a gush in the last couple of weeks. With me there was nothing on the pad so they said it would have been discharge which I was a bit hmmshock about due to how much there was. It's happened to me 3 times but they have said if it was my waters once it had started it wouldn't stop, it would keep going even if it was just a trickle.

So get yourself padded up, see what happens and go to triage if you are at all concerned over the next hour or two!!

queendrama Thu 29-Sep-16 12:04:58

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply smile I will do this and see what happens! flowers

Dixiechick17 Thu 29-Sep-16 12:26:35

Mine started off in gushes, was pretty unmistakable for me as every time I got up they'd be another small gush that I had no control over and they were a little pink with blood which I was told was normal. It went on like that for three hours then they properly burst all over the bed. Keep an eye on it and call triage if you need to as they'll possibly want to see you at 36 weeks to check.

queendrama Thu 29-Sep-16 12:45:36

Thank you..
Nothing more since so far..
I will just keep my eye on it.
Thank you so much xx

Rubberduck2 Thu 29-Sep-16 12:49:23

You're welcome! Please let us know how you get on!! X

Oysterbabe Thu 29-Sep-16 12:58:54

Once mine broke they continued to trickle until the birth. Hopefully it's something else!

Fluffsnuts Thu 29-Sep-16 20:01:57

Is there am odor to the liquid? Spermy or sweet = waters,

no smell, acidic, vingary or like yogurt = discharge. And pee only smells once it's dried!

Nikki2ol6 Thu 29-Sep-16 20:10:07

When my waters broke I made a point of smelling them and there was no smell at all. And it was deffo my waters because the midwife broke them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now