Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Labour?!

(16 Posts)
georgiaaawhite Mon 01-Aug-16 09:27:18

Woken up at 2am this morning with a slight gush and uncontrollable trickle of water and blood and that has been trickling out for the whole night, occupied with fairly strong contractions (enough to make me stop in mid sentence) that felt like extreme back ache, period pains and pressure in the bum blush I've also had a lot of loose stools (TMI) the contractions would come on fairly strong every 5-10 minutes but I managed to get to sleep, now I've woken up and they come now and again but not regular what so ever sad
Seeing the midwife this morning at 11, but feel like I'm just going to get sent home
Any advice/hope? X
I'm 41 + 1 and it's my first baby

Wigeon Mon 01-Aug-16 09:31:17

Definitely sounds like labour. Go to the midwife appointment as she can reassure you. And they like to keep and eye on not letting you go too long after your waters have broken (which it sound like yours have).

Good luck! smile

UnicornPee Mon 01-Aug-16 13:12:28

That sounds like my first labour- get to hostpital!!

rainbowstardrops Mon 01-Aug-16 13:31:53

Definitely sounds like things are starting!
What did the midwife say?

georgiaaawhite Mon 01-Aug-16 13:42:04

Just got back, she said it was more likely to of been my bloody show seen as my waters haven't broken yet sad however she said the contractions are looking promising and hopefully things might start in the next day or two grin but if not then I'm booked in for an induction on Thursday which I'm unsure abouthmm

Jodie1982 Mon 01-Aug-16 13:56:59

Ooooo I think by tonight your contractions will have ramped up a gear! If pains become too much pop along to your maternity triage unit, they will examine you thoroughly. Good luck.

LillyC Mon 01-Aug-16 14:33:35

good luck! It sounds if not today it's coming pretty soon!

georgiaaawhite Mon 01-Aug-16 18:59:02

Thank you everyone for your support grin

Unfortunately still playing the waiting game, getting contractions every 6-10 minutes now that last for about 30/40 seconds smile had a bath and that hasn't helped so hopefully we might be on the road to somewhere grin

Wigeon Mon 01-Aug-16 21:52:20

That sounds very promising indeed. Update with pictures tomorrow please! grin

Lacystacie Mon 01-Aug-16 22:55:45

Any new OP flowers

EreniTheFrog Tue 02-Aug-16 17:09:13

Any news?? grin

georgiaaawhite Thu 04-Aug-16 23:36:01

Quick update for you all grin
Had my beautiful baby girl at 1:57am on Wednesday morning, went through labour for about 28 hours so all those signs were true signs that labour was literally right round the corner! So all I can say is trust your gut instinct when it comes to it smile

rainbowstardrops Fri 05-Aug-16 08:44:06

Lovely news! Congratulations! flowers

CheeseCakeSunflowers Fri 05-Aug-16 18:59:12

Congratulations

Wigeon Fri 05-Aug-16 22:08:26

Congratulations! Thanks for posting an update. Does she have a name yet?

georgiaaawhite Sat 06-Aug-16 00:29:04

She's called Elysee-Raé halo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now