Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Group b strep

(2 Posts)
Tealeaf321 Sun 24-Jul-16 16:07:57

Been researching about this and mil has mentioned the test isnt availablr on nhs but is around £30 but wasn't sure how I'd go about getting tested.
Have Googled and seen some home tests but not really sure if I trust myself to do such a test or results from a company off the Internet.
Is it possible to go to my normal gp or midwife and ask to be tested and pay the fee? I guess they won't be able to 'accept' money if they work for NHS? Have read stories of women asking at gp or midwife but been refused due to low risk- not a chance I want to take tbh.
Or do I just rock up at a private hospital or medical centre?
Does anyone know?

user1468166567 Sun 24-Jul-16 16:28:57

I would also like to know the answer to this - sorry I am of no help OP!

I think you can pay to have it done privately through your GP if they offer it - I know some round our way do 'Private Testing'. I am going to ask my midwife next time I see her as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now