Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby may only have 3 chambers in his heart

(4 Posts)
AppleTree95 Mon 04-Jul-16 21:03:04

Hello, I had my 20 week scan today and they're unsure of wether my little boy has 3 or 4 chambers in his heart. Waiting for my rescan in 3 weeks time to give him a little time to grow.

I've been taking SSRI's since before baby was born, this medication can come with an increased risk in heart defects.

I'm feeling slightly hopeless at the moment and I'm really hoping it was just awkward positioning and that he's all okay in there. Suppose I'm looking for a little support or some people with similar experiences to help me along. Thank you xx

Bunnylove83 Mon 04-Jul-16 22:40:32

Hi Apple, I have no idea about SSRI, but just wanted to say that I also had to go back two weeks after my 20 week scan because they couldn't confirm the chambers or heart size. I went back last Thursday at 22 weeks and everything was absolutely fine.

Really hope things will also go well for you ... Fingers crossed

AppleTree95 Tue 05-Jul-16 16:48:33

Thanks Bunny! I'm really hoping so too. Don't know wether it's just my anxiety or wether I just know something isn't right. Feeling rather crappy at the minute. Xx

Fizzyboo Tue 05-Jul-16 20:24:29

I had similar sort of news at my 20 weeks scan, they said they couldn't find one of the vessels. Eventually found out that she does have them all, but has a right facing aortic arch, so it wasn't in the place they were looking for it. But structurally sound and a 'normal variant'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now