Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thrush in pregnancy cause watery discharge?

(6 Posts)
Olishi Mon 11-Apr-16 16:38:39

Hello, sorry for the graphic title but I was just wondering if anyone had been diagnosed with thrush in pregnancy, but with a watery discharge, no itching, no smell or redness/soreness?

I'm being monitored for low amniotic fluid and have had results back positive for thrush. My midwife claims this could be the source of the wetness rather than slow leaking fluid?

Peppaismyhomegirl Mon 11-Apr-16 16:40:25

Place mark as I've felt watery discharge and was concerned. I've had a bit of itchiness aswell, how far are you? I've had no mention of low fluid but I was wondering? Baby is moving fine and I can't remember if I had this with my 1st child

poisonedbypen Mon 11-Apr-16 16:43:32

I thought my waters had gone at 37 weeks. Turned out I had thrush. They can check what the liquid is.

Olishi Mon 11-Apr-16 18:29:16

I am 29 weeks. Only got the test result back today so can't get my prescription until tomorrow. I have a scan to check my fluid levels this week so I can update again then.

I had a loss of water at the end of my first pregnancy that the midwives assumed was urine, luckily I happened to have a scan that same day anyway that picked up the low fluid levels and I was induced the next day. It's just made me more likely to question the midwives assumptions. Hopefully this scan will make things a bit clearer.

@poisened- are you in the uk as I have read a lot about them being able to test the fluid but this never actually happened with me?

Peppaismyhomegirl Mon 11-Apr-16 18:54:48

I'm 24. How would you tell what it is tho? I think I might go to the midwife this week and ask?

Olishi Mon 11-Apr-16 20:00:07

It's usually best to check any change in discharge, just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now