Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pre-eclampsia worry

(1 Post)
badger12345 Wed 10-Feb-16 22:55:13

Have nc'd for this. 15 weeks pregnant. Hospital called today to say I am at high risk of pre eclampsia. I'm under 35, pre-pregnancy BMI was 25, first pregnancy.

My blood pressure is usually 110 over 70. It was much higher at my appt this week (150 over95) because I am under a lot of stress. I am currently being made redundant (public sector, organisation closing because of budget cuts). My Dad had a very sudden major health issue and for the last week has been in intensive care, in a medical coma. Prognosis is very poor. He lives in a different European country with very good health care.

I don't know what to do. I am finding it hard not to feel stressed about my Dad. I am not too upset about redundancy as my parter has a good job, I'll get a reasonable payout, and we have some savings.

But my Dad has irreparable damage and any recovery will be very slow. Has anyone dealt with extreme stress in pregnancy and pre-eclampsia? Looking for any tips.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: