Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How early can pre eclampsia start?

(5 Posts)
Alb1 Mon 28-Dec-15 10:59:21

Nhs website says not normally before 24 weeks and I'm only 17+4, second pregnancy, had no issues with the first and I don't have any risk factors, but I just don't feel right, feel really sick but not in the normal morning sickness way and I keep getting stabbing rib pains that come and go. Feels abit like the start of a stomach bug but I've felt like this for over 24 hours now with no sickness. Is it worth asking if I can get urine and blood pressure checked or is it too soon?

scrumptiouscrumpets Mon 28-Dec-15 11:50:01

Why are you worried you might have preeclampsia? You're symptoms don't sound particularly specific for preeclampsia, which usually starts after 20 weeks. I'd still go and get myself checked though, just to be on the she side.

RedZeppelin Mon 28-Dec-15 11:53:05

Those could easily be symptoms of pre-eclampsia. Trust your instinct and get it checked out - whatever it is it doesn't sound very pleasant so best get a professional opinion.

Alb1 Mon 28-Dec-15 14:10:42

Not particularly worried that I have it as such, it's just one of few things that can actually be tested for, but I'm in work do don't want to make a fuss of having to go phone a midwife if it's too early for pre eclampsia to be an issue. Thanks for your replies smile

kamillaw Mon 28-Dec-15 15:35:22

Go and get checked anyway for piece of mind as you say might not be anything to do with baby, when you stabbing pains could it be heartburn or indigestion? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now