Talk

Advanced search

restless legs

(6 Posts)
HarrysMummy17 Thu 24-Dec-15 04:46:38

Hi, after a bit of googling I think I may have restless leg syndrome. I remember having it in my first pregnancy too.

I'm really struggling to sleep. Waking every couple of hours then taking an hour or so to get back to sleep confused

Does anyone have any helpful hints to relieve it? I'm currently laying in bed with 2 cushions raising my legs which seems to be helping. Other than sleeping standing up I don't know what else to do!

MyFriendsCallMeOh Thu 24-Dec-15 04:49:21

No ideas for cures but it can be linked to low iron levels so you might want to mention it next time you see your gp / mw. Hope you get some sleep soon.

SparklyPenguin Thu 24-Dec-15 05:28:29

Iron tablets. But in the meantime, tonic water is a help, and gently exercising the legs (bending knees, rotating ankles etc) when it strikes rather than trying to lay still. Good luck!

hufflebottom Thu 24-Dec-15 05:49:00

I put cold flannels on my legs. It's really weird but works.

Have had it chronically this year.

Tomboyinatutu Thu 24-Dec-15 05:51:43

I have suffered with restless legs since I was a child but it comes and goes and gets worse when I am pregnant. Recent advice I had was to cut down on caffeine and raise legs when going to sleep or pop a pillow in between your legs if you sleep on your side. Sorry this isn't much help, still trying to find a cure myself but I totally feel your pain. It's horrible not being able to sleep

Elfishpresley Thu 24-Dec-15 06:47:13

I had this with my last pregnancy, normally if I was over tired. It normally started just before bed. The only thing I found helped was to go for a walk with the dog around the block. Bit of a pain at 11pm but it worked and it kept the doggy happy too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now