Talk

Advanced search

Blood type and relevance to minor fall?!

(17 Posts)
Champagneformyrealfriends Fri 27-Nov-15 19:06:05

Hi everyone smile
I slipped and fell today on my way into work on some wet tiles. I landed on my left hip (already a bit dodgy!)-it hurt quite a bit but I had no abdominal pain or bleeding and my baby is still moving so work sent me home to rest.

I called my midwife because my mum was panicking and she said it should be fine, then said , "actually, what's your blood type?". I told her I didn't know it and she said that if I felt baby moving and had no pain everything would be fine.

I'm happy my baby is ok but I don't see what relevance my blood type has?! Any ideas?

Tia. Xx

DartmoorDoughnut Fri 27-Nov-15 19:08:32

I'm guessing she was wondering if your rhesus +ve

DartmoorDoughnut Fri 27-Nov-15 19:08:56

*you're

DS jabbed me in the throat <sigh>

Champagneformyrealfriends Fri 27-Nov-15 19:10:15

Thanks dartmoor! That sounds likely now you've said it! Hope your throat is ok smilexx

dementedpixie Fri 27-Nov-15 19:10:49

I agree it could be whether you are rhesus negative or positive as if you are rh- and could be carrying a rh+ baby then a fall would mean an anti-d injection

DartmoorDoughnut Fri 27-Nov-15 19:11:58

I meant -ve obvs <blush> it's been a LONG day grin

DartmoorDoughnut Fri 27-Nov-15 19:13:00

Oh and thanks flowers throat is fine, he's only 1 so doesn't do much damage grin

Champagneformyrealfriends Fri 27-Nov-15 19:37:56

Thanks ladies-I was confused (not that it takes much at the minute! grin) xxx

BadgerFace Fri 27-Nov-15 20:17:58

Have you checked your blood group on your maternity notes? If you have had a fall you should have an anti-d injection if rhesus negative.

gamerchick Fri 27-Nov-15 20:22:36

Check your notes if you're rh- it'll be on there.

It's quite important.

Champagneformyrealfriends Fri 27-Nov-15 21:37:51

I've looked through my notes and I can't find my boos group anywhere-I assumed that they'd have told me/written to me following booking in bloods? Oh dear-looks like I need to investigate further! Both my parents are positive blood groups if that makes any difference x thanks for everyone's help btw x

seven201 Fri 27-Nov-15 22:11:16

I got a letter saying I was rhesus negative with a leaflet after bloods. I'm pretty sure you would have been told. Just ring them to be double safe though.

gamerchick Fri 27-Nov-15 22:12:10

Then you're fine OP. Just rest up and keep an eye on movement. You'll likely be stiff tomorrow as well so take it easy for a few days.

Curioushorse Fri 27-Nov-15 22:17:13

I'm rhesus negative. They'd have made it really, really obvious if you were <bitter memories of many, many additional injections....including the ones when I fell over on my hip>., but, yeah, that's why the midwife questioned you.

GiraffesAndButterflies Fri 27-Nov-15 22:17:18

They would have spoken to you about it and if you're at the stage of feeling movements (so I'm guessing 20+ weeks?) then you'd probably have been told to book the anti-d injection, mine was due at 28 weeks, I assume it's roughly the same for everyone.

Champagneformyrealfriends Fri 27-Nov-15 22:23:56

Thank you all! I'll definitely ring and check but I'm pretty sure I'd know. I keep everything I've been given/sent in a file and I re-read my nuchal screening letter and there was nothing. I'll rest up and try to watch my step in future! flowers

Junosmum Fri 27-Nov-15 23:27:28

I'm rhesus neg and it's stamped all over my notes in red, it's impossible to miss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now