Talk

Advanced search

Have I got every thing ready?!

(9 Posts)
Mummyagain15 Thu 12-Nov-15 08:48:42

Hi guys!

So due date is tomorrow and no signs of baby yet.. This is my second!

Just trying to think if I have everything ready as I have a day to myself today and not sure if any last bits need doing or if I can finally chill!

So house has been cleaned, over last few weeks been decluttering like a mad woman which is now done, hospital bag packed, all baby clothes sorted and put away in wardrobe, Moses basket ready, baby bottle/steriliser/milk etc all brought and stored in kitchen, car been cleaned and has petrol ready for hospital trip.. I think that's it?! Unless anyone can think of anything else? Only other thing I'm thinking is getting a bag ready for my son in case he needs to stay out over night?

Didn't really think I'd been through the whole nesting stage this time round but thinking about it maybe I have!

Thanks

X

loveulotslikejellytots Thu 12-Nov-15 08:51:55

Have you got time to make a dinner to freeze? You may not want to if you're due today grin! I've got 6 weeks to go and I'm planning on making one extra dinner a week to freeze. DH isn't useless with cooking, but it'll be nice to have some 'proper' food once we're home rather than relying on take aways and ready meals.

loveulotslikejellytots Thu 12-Nov-15 08:53:12

And the bag for your son sounds like a good idea. Don't know how old he is but it'll be nice for him to have his favourite pyjamas and maybe a couple of small toys for example if there is a mad dash to drop him with family or a friend.

SaveMeTheWaltz Thu 12-Nov-15 11:00:30

Stash of coins for the hospital car park?

Runningupthathill82 Thu 12-Nov-15 11:20:59

Snacks and phone charger in hospital bag? phone/ camera charged? Baby car seat in car?

Mummyagain15 Fri 13-Nov-15 14:55:57

Thanks for suggestions! I was thinking of making a couple of dinners so could start doing that.. Thanks for reminding me about car parking money, snacks and drinks!!

smile

LikeTheCoolKids Fri 13-Nov-15 15:04:30

I had some emergency cash for a taxi to the hospital in case my husband couldn't take me for whatever reason. In the end it was spent on loads of food and drink as giving birth made me ravenous and thirsty! But I was glad to have it just in case.

sarah00001 Fri 13-Nov-15 18:34:07

If you haven't done so already, based on my own experience, charge your phone, bring a camera and camcorder if you have one. a magazine or book to read, toilet cleaning wipes for the hospital loo, tissues, snacks and drinks, slippers, plenty of underwear in case you're kept in a while, a towel, maternity pads, a notepad and pen.

kimberly1 Fri 13-Nov-15 22:06:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now