Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hand Expressing

(8 Posts)
graceimogen123 Tue 10-Nov-15 21:12:53

Opinions on hand expressing??

Sighing Tue 10-Nov-15 21:27:27

Sans pump? Doable but frustrating. I used a manual pump for preference (control, speed, all up to me).

Skiptonlass Tue 10-Nov-15 21:29:19

Waaaay too painful.....

KatyN Tue 10-Nov-15 22:33:06

Managed about 2ml straight after birth with my first. I was squeezing and my husband was catching the drops. (Baby was in nicu so we had fuck all else to do).

Won't be bothering again!!

thatsn0tmyname Tue 10-Nov-15 22:34:57

Lots of pain for little gain.

Topsy34 Tue 10-Nov-15 22:39:14

Depends....once you get the method and the aim right, its quite effective.

Or did you mean before you have the baby?

Sunshine511 Tue 10-Nov-15 22:39:26

I breastfed my daughter until she was 10 months. I seemed to be rather strange in that I never leaked milk, not once! I was lucky to get a drop if I tried expressing by hand! Everyone's different though! I got myself a good electric breast pump smile

spillyobeans Tue 10-Nov-15 22:40:01

I find it really hard to aim the milk into a container hand expressing tbh and it takes ages. I would get a pump, ive got a mothercare own brand manual pump that was about 14 quid and its great. Tried the tomee tipee manual pump but other is way better. I think if your planning to pump alot then an electric one would be good (as manual does get tiring on your hand) but they are very expensive and not really necessary.

Weird i know, but i also didnt like the feel of hand expressing, wasnt painful at all but just feeling the lumpy glands as i expressed was off putting for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now