Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Palpitations!

(9 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Wed 28-Oct-15 08:48:43

I'm 5 weeks and getting palpitations all the time.. it's a bit concerning. Anyone getting this? Am also bloody knackered so that isn't helping either!

differentnameforthis Wed 28-Oct-15 08:54:50

I had this too...first time I ever had them.

Dr said that it was a natural "fight or flight" response, after checking everything was ok. As the pregnancy progressed, they stopped.

If you are worried, it is always worth getting checked out though.

CoffeeAndOranges Wed 28-Oct-15 09:09:47

Yes I remember having these, often when in bed at night - quite alarming when you can feel your heart thundering away.

For me, it didn't last very long, I think it had gone by about 12 - 15 weeks if I recall. I think it could have been caused by the body producing so much extra blood (and the rest) - your heart works hard during pregnancy!

You should have a heart check anyway as one of your early pregnancy appointments but do get an appointment booked in if you are concerned.

OhWhatAPalaver Wed 28-Oct-15 09:50:54

That's reassuring, glad it's not just me! I think because we only just found out the other day and it was very unexpected I'm sort of still in shock. Hopefully they'll calm down when I do!

differentnameforthis Wed 28-Oct-15 10:51:12

It will be the shock...when in shock we get the fight or flight thing...

Bummer is, you can't really do either grin

I can't remember exactly how long mine lasted, but it wasn't long once I knew what it was.

OhWhatAPalaver Wed 28-Oct-15 14:43:08

Hah, indeed! They do seem to happen when I'm over thinking things. I'm sure they'll calm down eventually smile

mrshjb Wed 28-Oct-15 14:45:50

Yeah I got that right from the start of my pregnancy. It did calm down a bit though! But I did go to get checked out at the doctor just be sure.

Sighing Wed 28-Oct-15 17:59:24

I got those. It was suggested it might be low iron as your body is already increasing your blood supply. They stopped (had them on and off) around week 8 or 9.

OhWhatAPalaver Fri 30-Oct-15 15:44:41

I have just bought some liquid iron so hopefully that will help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now