Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

35 weeks - Feel like I might poo myself

(11 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Mon 26-Oct-15 07:13:47

Sorry for the topic but I'm worried I might have some weird type of infection that's translating itself in this way! The last week I've had stomach cramping (like with diarrhoea) but no actual diarrhoea - well occasionally but not at the same rate as the cramps. It's making me feel sick today and I feel like I'm going to poo myself. It's third baby and I didn't ha e this with first 2. Is this normal?!

fairyfeatures Mon 26-Oct-15 15:43:02

You should call your midwife/GP - you need to be careful with diarrhoea in pregnancy! KEEP HYDRATED!

bluewisteria Mon 26-Oct-15 15:50:10

I have had this for a few weeks now, I'm 23 weeks, I think it is the hormones on the gut, as well as baby moving around on it the whole time. Call your midwife if you're worried.

acquiescence Mon 26-Oct-15 16:54:29

I have had diarrhoea for the last 3 weeks, I am now 38 weeks. It is on and off, I am just making sure I keep well hydrated and eat as much as possible. My thoughts were just that my digestive system is all squashed and can't work properly. Not nice!

twolittleboysonetiredmum Mon 26-Oct-15 16:56:02

Eugh it's awful. I'm drinking lots and attempting to eat. I think it must be baby squishing everything as you say. Hideous.

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Mon 26-Oct-15 16:58:43

CAll your midwife. I had the same and was actually in labour.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Mon 26-Oct-15 18:44:31

Really bored?! How long did you feel like this before speaking to your midwife?

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Mon 26-Oct-15 19:54:14

A couple of days - I was 31 weeks - I jut thought it was food poisoning!

bittapitta Mon 26-Oct-15 19:56:43

I agree that it could be labour, my labour started like this. Really no harm in getting a medical opinion.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Mon 26-Oct-15 20:22:54

The problem is that as its my third I get totally dismissed by midwives unless I have bleeding basically. Which thankfully I don't. Did you have any accompanying your symptoms?

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Mon 26-Oct-15 20:26:41

No nothing at all. Go and get checked - will put your mid at test if nothing else. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: