Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

brown bleeding?

(8 Posts)
Vicky12cx Wed 21-Oct-15 15:39:12

Abit confused and worrying myself like crazy!
I miscarriaged last year when I was 6 weeks 3days
I recently fount out I am now pregnant again should be 7weeks 2 days... Since last Friday I have been bleeding brown? Only enough go change my pad once a day (sorry tmi) also along with period like pains but no clotting.. I took a clear blue when the brown bleeding started and it said "pregnant 3+" I took another one this morning and it still says "pregnant 3+"
I went the doctors today and she said its all normal and if my pregnancy test still says pregnant then I am still pregnant and booked me in for an early scan tomorrow, do you think I've miscarriaged? So worried. Tia xxxx

Whatevva Wed 21-Oct-15 15:42:32

I had this with my first pregnancy and miscarried.

I had it with my second pregnancy and thought I was certain to miscarry and didn't. I also had more bleeding at 10 weeks and thought that was it, but it wasn't.

It is hard to tell flowers

CityMole Wed 21-Oct-15 15:45:28

It's such a worry when things like this happen, and unfortunately it really is a waiting game to see what happens. There is a view that brown blood is 'old blood'- however, some miscarriages do start as brown spotting, so I would hate to get your hopes up too much by saying 'it's only brown, don't worry.'
The positive pregnancy test can also be a bit of a red herring, as the hormone can stay in your urine for a while even after a pregnancy has come to an end. Having said all of that, the fact that you haven't had heavy red bleeding or passed any tissue else is surely a very good sign, so cling on to that for now and try to relax if you can.

hopefully you can get some reassurance/advice tomorrow at your scan appointment. good luck x

Vicky12cx Wed 21-Oct-15 16:26:04

thank you, just need hope for the best i suppose, hate waiting and not knowing though.

LovesApples Sat 24-Oct-15 19:14:19

Hey Vicky12cx, what did the scan say? Am going through something similar at the moment, so quite worried. Hope all is going well for you x x

Vicky12cx Wed 28-Oct-15 19:30:07

sorry to reply so late!... i went to my scan and they said they could see a sac and yolk but no baby, they were abit worried that my sac was 17mm by 24mm in size by they could not see a baby, they have told me to go back in 2 weeeks which is next thursday now. Terrified as the brown bleeding stopped but last friday i had one tiny clot and abit of red blood just for one day. took another pregnancy test and it still says positive i know HCG can still be in your system but the line was darker than ever before! hate the waiting game, how have you gotten on?

Whatevva Thu 29-Oct-15 11:24:22

Hi - the scans sure have moved on since my day! I had a scan at 7 weeks the second time, with much muttering about not being able to find a heartbeat etc in the background and why had I been sent, but they were nice to my face, and found something hmm.

It is very much a waiting game, and such a hormone/emotion rollercoaster. KOKO flowers brew

redstrawberries101 Tue 17-Nov-15 20:56:29

Hi

How are you all getting on?? I'm 5 weeks 2 days and had some brown discharge today which was followed by red watery blood when I wiped... Tmi I'm
Sorry. Phoned Hosp and been told to monitor for 48 hours and to phone back of continues/gets worse. So hard waiting sad all my symptoms seemed to have stopped too X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now