Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is it safe to buy a secondhand sleepyhead pod?

(9 Posts)
maybebabybee Tue 25-Aug-15 14:23:27

I really want to buy the sleepyhead but can get it for half the price on ebay - is it safe to buy secondhand? I know you're meant to get mattresses new so not sure if this counts as the same thing?

Sorry if stupid question, clueless first time mum here confused

StonedGalah Tue 25-Aug-15 15:34:37

Not sure tbh but I would only want a new one. For the same reason as new mattress. I recently told my DM I'd bought a new cot mattress and she pulled this face hmm and asked why.

She wasn't convinced either by my answer!

I know they're expensive, mine just arrived the other day.

maybebabybee Tue 25-Aug-15 15:42:06

Have you bought all your baby stuff new? The vast majority of my baby things I'm getting second hand, except for car seat and cot mattress.

StonedGalah Tue 25-Aug-15 16:02:06

I have almost everything from dd1 (this is dd2) and as l didn't go nuts with dd1 (bought things when needed, not just to kit out the nursery type thing ) l got most things new, a few gifted things that were great.

l've bought a second hand sling but bought a new baby insert for it.

Junosmum Tue 25-Aug-15 18:32:29

I'm getting everything second hand except mattresses and car seat. Can you buy a new mattress for it?

redsquareyellowsquare Tue 25-Aug-15 18:44:59

i emailed the company about this recently. they said yes safe to reuse for multiple babies as it is completely washable.

StonedGalah Tue 25-Aug-15 19:06:09

That's interesting red, l will try to sell mine when I'm done.

Peach1886 Mon 31-Aug-15 22:21:35

Hello Maybe, yes it's completely safe, as Red says, the whole thing comes apart - covers, lining, foam - and all of it can be machine-washed to make sure there is no chance of mould or anything else which might cause problems. It's completely different to a normal mattress which can only be cleaned on the outside.

DS has just moved into the bigger one after loving the deluxe one ever since he first slept in it as a newborn; they are just the best sleeping places for babies.

mumchkin Mon 07-Sep-15 12:42:15

I was going to ask the same question about the Cocoonababy... does anyone know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now