Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any ideas for early pregnancy treats for my diabetic sister-in-law?

(5 Posts)
AgentCandid Fri 07-Aug-15 16:35:39

My SIL is ten weeks pregnant and feeling pretty grim. I'd like to put together a few bits and pieces to help her through the next month or so until she hopefully starts to feel better. I've only just had a baby myself so should be full of ideas, but I stuffed my face with sugar and carbs whenever I felt rough, and her diabetes makes this a no-go. What could I give her instead?

Ten weeks is too early for any baby stuff I think, and I know she's very nervous about her first scan, so I want to stick to treats for her.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

moonshine25 Fri 07-Aug-15 17:47:01

What about relaxing things, like bath bubbles and a candle?

Lovely idea smile

bonzo77 Fri 07-Aug-15 17:54:21

Budget? Manicure and / or pedicure?

AgentCandid Fri 07-Aug-15 18:04:52

Thank you! I was thinking about 30 quid or so. Have picked out some grapefruit shower gel - not very posh, but I know that the smell of grapefruit really helped me when I felt sick. I've also found some fancy mint tea, and some ginger stuff too. Always turned my stomach but I think she likes it.

Will have a look for a nice candle next, good idea. I'll have a look for manicure places near her house too, it'd be a good addition.

Doing this has made me realise how greedy and food obsessed I am! Everything that made me feel better was something I could ram in my face.

ARV1981 Fri 07-Aug-15 22:00:42

Any of these recipes any good? www.sugarfreerecipes.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now