Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Placenta tear?

(3 Posts)
Anna2710 Mon 06-Jul-15 20:40:31

Has anyone else had any kind if tear of the placenta? I am 22 weeks now and have had 2 bleeds in last 2 weeks. Have been to the hospital both times where they have looked at cervix and checked baby heartbeat using doppler and both look fine and they said it may be to do with a year in the placenta which is now worrying me. They said nothing can so just have to wait it out.

WillowB Mon 06-Jul-15 21:48:47

I had a bleed which was attributed to the placenta at 23 weeks.
Have they offered you a scan? I ask because I was monitored in hospital for 24 hours then discharged. When my DS was delivered by c section the placenta and cord didn't look too healthy and it hadn't been picked up or monitored during my pregnancy. May just have been a coincidence but I wish I'd pushed for a full scan after the bleed.
Fingers crossed that you don't have any more. I remember how stressful it was.

Anna2710 Mon 06-Jul-15 22:05:13

No they never offered scan either time. First time 9 days ago they kept me in 24 hours second time today lighter bleed they only kept me in a few hours. I was fine up until 21 weeks now I'm in a constant state of worry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now