Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Painful UTI

(4 Posts)
LorryHen Wed 17-Jun-15 20:01:31

Hello smile

I woke up in agony yesterday and visited the doctor who said my urine showed signs of infection.

I've been taking antibiotics for 24 hours and some paracetamol and the pain has pretty much subsided. I can't help but worry about the pain though because it is quite intense sometimes.

Has anyone had a painful uti before? I'm 21 weeks

Dollyemi Wed 17-Jun-15 20:05:22

Yes, I did twice and again about a week after baby was born. Antibiotics and paracetamol were all I had too and drank plenty of water. Agony, you'll feel better in a couple of days

LorryHen Wed 17-Jun-15 20:13:26

Thank you Dollyemi! I didn't realise it would hurt so much and it really worried me for a while. Hope you're feeling better now!

applecore0317 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:05:01

I had one at 34 weeks and it was horrible, ended up laying over my birthing ball with a hot water bottle on my back. Not nice at all. I had two more water infections before and after my due date but no pain that time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now