Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

getting both nervous and excited

(8 Posts)
tinyme135 Tue 09-Jun-15 08:10:20

I've got my first appointment with the midwife and as it's my first pregnancy I'm nervous with what they'll do and say and also very excited. What can I expect from it smile

Nottalotta Tue 09-Jun-15 09:03:51

Ooh congratulations! In my experience (currently 32wks) it will last an hour or so. They will weigh you, do blood pressure and then ask LOADS of medical history questions about you, partner, family. I was given a form to go and have blood tests too. Was given maternity notes and bounty pack.

Good luck. :-)

Nottalotta Tue 09-Jun-15 09:04:52

Oh and booked in for 12wks scan too.

tinyme135 Tue 09-Jun-15 10:50:44

Oh i can't wait then smile If I don't know how far gone I am how will I go about my 12 week scan?

PipsPotatoes Tue 09-Jun-15 10:53:23

Congratulations!

They will go off the first day of your last period to work out when to scan you.

tinyme135 Tue 09-Jun-15 11:03:07

If they go by my last period it was the end of march beginning of April so I should be like 8 weeks gone but that can't be true

PipsPotatoes Tue 09-Jun-15 11:10:42

The midwife will use the first day of your last period. It's not an exact science in the early days, they don't bother with individual cycle lengths. They'll give you a date called an estimated delivery date, you'll get an appointment for a scan and you'll either be a bit forward, a bit behind or bang on.

I was a bit behind with this one, must have ovulate later, I'm currently 23 weeks and 4 days.

tinyme135 Tue 09-Jun-15 11:30:24

I will have to let you know what happens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now