Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really bad hayfever [shock]

(14 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Fri 05-Jun-15 19:07:34

I'm 31+6wks. What can I have for hayfever? Can't get through the day, it's impossible without having any tabs!

What can I have? I asked midwife she said she can only recommend Piriton but would suggest not to have it! What do I do!!!

It's been really bad between past 3days!!

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 05-Jun-15 19:12:48

Prevallin

KanyesVest Fri 05-Jun-15 19:13:27

I found sinus rinsing great when I was pregnant and pollen was trying to kill me.

Ficidy Fri 05-Jun-15 21:04:19

It is hell. I am in bits. I have to go to a wedding tomorrow and I'll be a sniffling, streaming mess (and not due to emotion!). I've tried the nasal wash and the Prevalin, but they're both useless. Afraid to take the tablets. I have no cure, but you have my sympathies!

TheyreMadITellYouMaaaad Fri 05-Jun-15 21:08:28

My obstetrician told me that I could safely take Piriton every day for the duration of my pregnancy. She said not to take any of the newer antihistamines, because they haven't been (and likely never will be) tested on pregnant women, but Piriton has been around for so long that it is known to be safe.

onefootinthebed Fri 05-Jun-15 22:39:53

I have something from the doctor but I also put abit of Vaseline around my nostrils when I am going to be outside for a while and obviously sunglasses are a staple to my outfit.

Nightmare isn't it.

mousmous Fri 05-Jun-15 22:43:37

the over counter antihistamines are usually ok (ceterizine, loratadine).

dementedpixie Fri 05-Jun-15 22:47:47

www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/935.aspx?categoryid=54 says loratidine is first choice

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 06-Jun-15 12:39:51

Sorry prevallin didn't work. Not sure what else to advise. I suffered throughout the pregnancy and breastfeeding period. There are some sort of injections for that but most likely you'd have to go privately and not sure they can be done in pregnancy.

Wolfiefan Sat 06-Jun-15 12:41:26

I used haymax. It helped. Also dry washing indoors, keep windows shut and wash face and hands when you come in.

Wolfiefan Sat 06-Jun-15 12:42:17

And sunglasses! If they do nothing else they hide your poor swollen eyes!

RandomMess Sat 06-Jun-15 12:46:12

Consultant told me piriton.

HeyMicky Sat 06-Jun-15 12:56:49

Beconsase nasal spray. I could not have survived my second pregnancy without it

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Sat 06-Jun-15 14:41:56

Loratadine prescribed by my GP saved my marriage and my job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now