Advanced search

Late period. How soon can I test? And which test do you recommend?

(6 Posts)
chainedtothedesk Tue 17-Feb-15 10:13:11

My period is two days late. Which is the best test to use? And how soon can I use it? I'm bothered that if I get a BFN I won't be able to trust the result until a few more days.

Feeling very emotional and so worried about the results. I can't stand the thought of waiting a few more days.

DragonsDontFly Tue 17-Feb-15 10:16:14

Try a first response early result. They're expensive but very reliable. You can test today if you want to, just hold on to your wee for a few hours. Your first wee of the morning is considered the best to test with as its the most concentrated, but at 2 days late that probably doesn't matter. Good luck!

purdeybirdie Tue 17-Feb-15 10:25:54

If you're late any old test will do.

happygojo Tue 17-Feb-15 10:26:28

Get a test, any test, but get a double pack. I got a BFP like 3 days before my period was due but if you are fairly regular (28 days ish) you should get a realistic result by now. The clearest line came up on a first response test but any poundland or own brand one should give you an answer

GoooRooo Tue 17-Feb-15 10:29:27

I second the First Response test. I have had a positive with them before my AF is due. However, I have also previously had negatives on the day my period is due and only got a positve when I was four days late so even if you get a negative now, you may need to try again in a few days I'm afraid.

chainedtothedesk Tue 17-Feb-15 11:14:12

OK thanks. Sooooo nervous!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now