Talk

Advanced search

bleeding in early pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Tattersail Mon 02-Feb-15 22:19:47

Just recently discovered I was pregnant, haven't had first 1st midwife appointment yet, estimated about 4-5 weeks.

Sorry if tmi but i noticed when I last went to the loo that I'm bleeding. It's not a lot but it is bright red so I'm worrying about it and could do with some advice and hand holding until nhs24 call me back

mrsnoon Mon 02-Feb-15 22:23:30

You can bleed around the time your period is due in early pregnancy which would fit with being 4ish weeks pregnant. I had a pretty spectacular bleed at around 5 weeks with DS1 which turned out to be just one of those unexplained things.
Know its easy to say but try not to worry.

Kemlex13 Mon 02-Feb-15 22:26:12

Hi best advice I can offer is try relax... Easier said than done I know!

I bled with all 3, heavily with both my girls at around 5 weeks. I had a bleed under the sac. I've a healthy 4 year old and 1 year old and 34 weeks with a boy. I bled with him but not as much.

Apparently it's pretty common early on. With 2nd (soz for tmi) I was on town and had a big gush, my underwear was soaked and I immediately thought the worst. Went straight to epu and could only just see a dot, she was fine though!

Try sit with your feet up or have a lay down just take it easy. Fingers crossed xxxx

Solasum Mon 02-Feb-15 22:29:20

I bled very early on. I had a scan which showed some blood inside, but also a heartbeat. DS was absolutely fine, and is snoring away beside me. thanks

AChickenCalledKorma Mon 02-Feb-15 22:36:16

Do get it checked out, but I can add my voice to the others - I bled regularly through the first three months of DD2's pregnancy. It scared me a lot but she's absolutely fine (now nine years old!) It's very common.

If at all possible, make sure you insist on a scan ... I did have one scary night in A&E with a doctor who assumed I was miscarrying and didn't book a scan until the next morning. Everything was fine, but I was emotionally wrecked by then sad.

Gillian1980 Mon 02-Feb-15 22:39:22

Do get it checked out just to be sure and have peace of mind.

I had a week long bleed at 7 weeks, had a scan and all ok. It terrified me though. Then another 2 day bleed at 10 weeks.

11 weeks now and touch wood all still ok smile

Tattersail Mon 02-Feb-15 22:53:26

Thanks so much everyone, I am trying not to worry but it's so hard. I already have one Ds who's 5 but my last pregnancy was an absolute breeze. No symptoms other than the ever growing bump and a ravenous appetite. This time around has been horrendous so far though. Exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, sore chest and generally feeling like crap. Methinks I may be incubating a problematic child

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: