Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

bleeding in early pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Tattersail Mon 02-Feb-15 22:19:47

Just recently discovered I was pregnant, haven't had first 1st midwife appointment yet, estimated about 4-5 weeks.

Sorry if tmi but i noticed when I last went to the loo that I'm bleeding. It's not a lot but it is bright red so I'm worrying about it and could do with some advice and hand holding until nhs24 call me back

mrsnoon Mon 02-Feb-15 22:23:30

You can bleed around the time your period is due in early pregnancy which would fit with being 4ish weeks pregnant. I had a pretty spectacular bleed at around 5 weeks with DS1 which turned out to be just one of those unexplained things.
Know its easy to say but try not to worry.

Kemlex13 Mon 02-Feb-15 22:26:12

Hi best advice I can offer is try relax... Easier said than done I know!

I bled with all 3, heavily with both my girls at around 5 weeks. I had a bleed under the sac. I've a healthy 4 year old and 1 year old and 34 weeks with a boy. I bled with him but not as much.

Apparently it's pretty common early on. With 2nd (soz for tmi) I was on town and had a big gush, my underwear was soaked and I immediately thought the worst. Went straight to epu and could only just see a dot, she was fine though!

Try sit with your feet up or have a lay down just take it easy. Fingers crossed xxxx

Solasum Mon 02-Feb-15 22:29:20

I bled very early on. I had a scan which showed some blood inside, but also a heartbeat. DS was absolutely fine, and is snoring away beside me. thanks

AChickenCalledKorma Mon 02-Feb-15 22:36:16

Do get it checked out, but I can add my voice to the others - I bled regularly through the first three months of DD2's pregnancy. It scared me a lot but she's absolutely fine (now nine years old!) It's very common.

If at all possible, make sure you insist on a scan ... I did have one scary night in A&E with a doctor who assumed I was miscarrying and didn't book a scan until the next morning. Everything was fine, but I was emotionally wrecked by then sad.

Gillian1980 Mon 02-Feb-15 22:39:22

Do get it checked out just to be sure and have peace of mind.

I had a week long bleed at 7 weeks, had a scan and all ok. It terrified me though. Then another 2 day bleed at 10 weeks.

11 weeks now and touch wood all still ok smile

Tattersail Mon 02-Feb-15 22:53:26

Thanks so much everyone, I am trying not to worry but it's so hard. I already have one Ds who's 5 but my last pregnancy was an absolute breeze. No symptoms other than the ever growing bump and a ravenous appetite. This time around has been horrendous so far though. Exhaustion, nausea, vomiting, sore chest and generally feeling like crap. Methinks I may be incubating a problematic child

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: