Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Have my waters broke?!

(6 Posts)
Firstimemummy15 Fri 23-Jan-15 00:01:59

I have no idea what I'm doing! Went for a pee around 11.30, when I stood up felt a tickle, sat back down and this lasted for about 5 mins. I got bk up again and felt more of a trickle. I'm got a sanitary pad and went bk to bed where I felt a surge of fluid. 23.54 and felt a gripping pain low down that lasted 34 seconds and then another pain at 23.57 lasting 20 secs. I haven't really noticed Brixton hicks so don't know if that I'm feeling is contractions! Don't wanna excite everyone but sure I read somewhere to ring midwife if waters break and not in labour - I guess I was expecting more fluid when my waters broke!

plinkyplonks Fri 23-Jan-15 00:09:15

Didn't want to read and run - no experience in this to say either way! If you're unsure, might be worthwhile giving the midwives a quick ring for reassurance? x Good luck!

jmojo Fri 23-Jan-15 03:00:12

Call the hosp labour ward and speak to a midwife. Sounds like they msy have broken.

KnackeredMerrily Fri 23-Jan-15 03:10:57

Yes call your labour ward.

Your waters apparently have a distinctive smell.

Keep an eye on your tightenings! You can download a free contraction app.

Good luck!

KnackeredMerrily Fri 23-Jan-15 03:11:49

Your waters can go with a trickle. A big gush is for the movies wink

tiggy2610 Fri 23-Jan-15 03:16:09

This happened to me last Friday night...I'm now sat expressing while 6 day old DS sleeps soundly in his crib next to me wink

My waters carried on gradually 'leaking' (especially when standing from sitting) until I was in the delivery suite.

Give them a call and good luck! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: