Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm 21 days late but pregnancy test says negative does anyone no why

(7 Posts)
Vickyjake14 Wed 24-Dec-14 00:01:14

Can I be pregnant and test say no???????

Showy Wed 24-Dec-14 00:09:54

It is possible but it's more likely that you're not pregnant and your period is late for another reason. Mostly this is down to not having ovulated. I'd give it another week, test again and if still negative, go to the GP. Usually missing two periods is the point at which they have a look at what's happening so at 4 weeks late you're into that sort of window.

Vickyjake14 Mon 29-Dec-14 08:47:09

I'm already seing a gynaecologist on 16th jan as I have been diagnosed with suggestive pcos I'm scared

Fairylea Mon 29-Dec-14 08:51:42

Raised prolactin levels can make your periods disappear or be very late. You can have a blood test to check for this and there is medication you can take to bring the levels back to normal. I have extremely high prolactin and take medication all the time to ensure I have regular periods otherwise I wouldn't have them at all. It's especially common if you have been on the pill recently or have been breastfeeding.

Vickyjake14 Wed 31-Dec-14 18:55:52

I had blood tests done for everything and it all came back normal don't understand

Fairylea Wed 31-Dec-14 19:31:22

I would specifically check they have tested your prolactin. It is not done routinely or as part of a full blood count / test. I would put money on them not having checked it.

Having said that if you are undergoing tests for pcos that may well be the reason for your irregularity. Hopefully once you have seen the consultant you can get some medication and things should improve.

Vickyjake14 Thu 01-Jan-15 01:37:29

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now