Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bleeding or spotting

(8 Posts)
Crystalhugs28 Tue 23-Dec-14 22:43:31

Hi I'm 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant, yestarday I went to the loo and when I wiped there was a slight brown colour on paper, I went again later and it was bright red but not alot kinda mixed in with the urine on paper, this happened a few times, but now nothing just a watery white discharge, no pain or discomfort! I'm petrified I'm losing that baby is this stuff normal? I have a daughter who's 9 but I didn't find out I was pregnant with her till 14 weeks and had no problems! I had a c section with her

georgie27 Tue 23-Dec-14 22:54:47

hi, im in exactly the same boat but am 6weeks 4 days. Its really worrying isnt it. im calling the midwife first thing tomorrow xx

leanne963 Wed 24-Dec-14 00:07:40

I had this on and off throughout my pregnancy I am 18 weeks now.

I just have an ectropian cervix and am just very sensitive. Any pressure causes me to bleed e.g coughing or being constipated....

I'm sure now that it is back to white mucus that is a good sign smile

Babiecakes11 Wed 24-Dec-14 00:36:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

georgie27 Wed 24-Dec-14 09:11:57

oh thanks for the messages guys smile I called the midlife and she said was common and not to worry...of course I am still worried. How did you find out you had the erosional thing? xx

leanne963 Wed 24-Dec-14 11:27:30

I have never been 'officially' told by doctors as when I went to see them at 12 weeks with spotting they refused to do any internal checks as this can cause more harm than good. I was obviously very frustrated but my midwife just said I am probably one of those people with a sensitive cervix. After doing some research and comparing symptoms to when I street spotting i.e after coughing too hard, or after a tough bowel movement, I decided it must be ectropian cervix or something similar. I need to put a name on to something to feel like I can understand it.
Sex also can cause bleeding if you have an ectropian cervix but as I don't want any more bleeding than what I have now my DP has gone without bless him lol.

Babiecakes11 Wed 24-Dec-14 19:11:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

georgie27 Thu 25-Dec-14 19:38:28

Thanks ladies, I feel alot less worried now. I have had a really horrible cough over the last 2 weeks so this may not have helped.. hope the rest of your pregnancy's goes well xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now