Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore throat (and maternity leave)

(6 Posts)
JennyBlueWren Mon 15-Dec-14 11:04:24

Have a very sore throat and off work today. I know at some point if you're off ill maternity leave automatically kicks in. Is this optional or only for pregnancy related sick leave?

Also what if anything can I take? I'm normally the sort who drugs up to the eyeballs for this sort of thing.

Annbag Mon 15-Dec-14 11:05:58

It's for pregnancy related sick after 36 weeks. I don't think they could argue a sore throat is!

JennyBlueWren Mon 15-Dec-14 11:59:21

Oh 36 weeks is fine then. I'm 30 weeks but don't think my work would be trying to get rid of me anyway!

Annbag Mon 15-Dec-14 14:08:16

I think the rule is so that work wouldn't have to pay e.g. 4 weeks sick leave, then maternity leave. So I imagine its more used for the kind of conditions that need bed rest or hospital

Ask in the pharmacy but I think I could only take some rubbish honey mixture stuff. Unless it gets really bad of course. All the best with your pregnancy

LizziTea Mon 15-Dec-14 14:13:44

I always found that root ginger boiled up on the stove for about 1/2 hour to make a tea is the best medicine for a sore throat - drink it with a teaspoon of honey!

JennyBlueWren Mon 15-Dec-14 14:18:06

DH made me hot (orange and mango) squash with honey. It was okay but lacking in drugs. I'm not actually dying but feeling very sorry for myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now