Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

stripped varnish off old table just found out i'm pregnant

(7 Posts)
iamhopeful Mon 01-Dec-14 15:26:19

As title says, it wad solvent based, thought af was coming but guess I was wrong and am now panicking. Can anyonr reassure me?

OutDamnSpot Mon 01-Dec-14 15:29:26

Congratulations on your pg.

I would imagine all will be fine. I painted a metal bath with hammerite when pg with dd1. Felt pretty dizzy and naseous at end esp as was lying on floor under bath to reach back. But no ill effects on pg or now 8yo dd.

molesbreath Mon 01-Dec-14 15:31:28

Congratulations !

As long as you are not doing this day in day out for the next 40 weeks Im sure you will be fine !

iamhopeful Mon 01-Dec-14 15:36:14

Thank you, I know I have a tendency to worry and we have been hoping for this baby for a while now, was thinking it is just my luck to have done some damage already.

stubbornstains Mon 01-Dec-14 22:11:25

Effects are normally cumulative, so whatever the solvent was, a one off exposure should be fine. You might drive yourself mad trying to get a definitive answer though- I work with some pretty fearsome paint and solvents day in and day out, and it's difficult to find any data one way or another. I do wear a mask- for this pregnancy. For my last, I was rather more carefree, and didn't even wear a mask, and DS was and is completely fine.

CinnabarRed Mon 01-Dec-14 22:16:14

Your baby won't have implanted - there's no mechanism by which anything in your bloodstream could have passed to your baby. You're completely, totally 100% safe.

Congratulations!

nicky2512 Mon 01-Dec-14 22:19:52

When we moved into our house, I spent about three days stripping varnish off all the wood with some foul smelling stuff. I thought that was what was making me sick. DD is now almost thirteen and all was well!!!
Congratulations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now