Talk

Advanced search

pregnant with twins. bleeding. clots. help

(5 Posts)
Rebecca1608 Sat 22-Nov-14 14:09:26

I found out I was pregnant when I was 4 weeks gone. I'm now 8 weeks pregnant. Last weekend I had a bleed followed by lots of pain so Monday was reffered by GP to the hospital for scans which showed all normal but I was having twins.

I was advised to go easy for a couple of days so I stayed home went back to work on Thursday had another bleed followed by a clot. The bleeding lasted all day and the clots were heavier. I went back to hospital and they said "babies ok, can't explain why you're bleeding don't know where it's coming from" they don't seem too bothered but I'm not sure. I'm resting over the weekend but I need to go back to work.

Can anyone help please?!

SoonToBeSix Sat 22-Nov-14 14:11:07

I don't have any advice other than rest and get a sick note, don't worry about work. Congratulations on your twin pregnancy.

SashaKerr Sat 22-Nov-14 14:13:02

I know I'm maybe not helping but I am also 8 weeks, and had a bleed yesterday and period like ache today but no blood. I had a MMC in August and I have a 2 year old son.

I believe there are lots of reasons for blood - could be damage to the uterine wall etc. Sounds from your scans like it is positive but worrying they can't give you an answer. Could you insist on another scan given they don't know where it is coming from?

Oh and congrats toons cx

Rebecca1608 Sat 22-Nov-14 14:27:29

Thankyou smile I'm really excited about twins. I was referred as a suspected ectopic pregnancy by my GP on Monday so I had my bloods taken, an internal done then an internal scan. On Thursday when I went back they said they wouldn't do another internal if I'm having pain and bleeding but they gave me another scan, this time a proper one. Showing babies heartbeats nice and strong in the same sac. So I doubt they'll do another 1 with me having 2 in a week but I'm concerned they don't know where it's coming from because some blood looks New and some is certainly Old as are The clots. Some red, some dark. Sorry t.m.i! The bleedings stopped but the pain is reoccurring. Not little niggles but sore and achey.x

cheesecakemom Sat 22-Nov-14 15:16:46

Congrats - I would take it easy to be honest. Last preg was twins, we lost one at 7- 8 wks after a bit of cramping, some brown bleeding and a small clot. Just relax for a week or two if you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now