Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Moving from citalopram to sertraline?

(6 Posts)
N1982 Tue 18-Nov-14 20:57:24

Has anyone done this or just taken sertraline and if so what was your experience? Thanks!

inthewoods4 Wed 19-Nov-14 10:31:33

Hi - didn't want to let you go unanswered. I'm on citalopram (and 15 weeks pregnant) and I was told it was ok to stay on it. Have you been advised to switch? Do what you feel is best xxx

LittlePeasMummy1 Wed 19-Nov-14 10:59:14

hello, here are patient information leaflets about use of both in pregnancy- may help you to decide which you are happier with

www.medicinesinpregnancy.org/Medicine--pregnancy/Citalopram/

www.medicinesinpregnancy.org/Medicine--pregnancy/Sertraline/

Peaceloveandbiscuits Wed 19-Nov-14 11:30:04

I'm on 100mg Sertraline and have had no issues at all with my pregnancy. I was okay-ed to increase to 150mg if necessary, but after my hormones settled down I was alright on 100. I was on Citalopram about fifteen years ago and don't remember any side-effects of cross-tapering to a different AD.
Hope that helps? I've been on a lot of different ADs and APs so if you have any questions, feel free to ask! The most important thing is not to stop cold-turkey and to either cross-taper, or reduce very slowly, both with your doctor's/psychiatrist's guidance.

N1982 Wed 19-Nov-14 15:34:11

Thanks so much all very helpful. Yes citalopram not kicked in majorly after 6 weeks on 20 mg so been told to cross-taper to sertraline 50mg moving upto 150mg

inthewoods4 Wed 19-Nov-14 22:01:12

Hi, I think it took me more like 8-10 weeks for it to kick in, and finally felt it worked at 30mgs if that helps at all xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now