Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Typical, MW wants me to get baby monitored at the hospital but I can't get hold of DH!

(3 Posts)
mampam Fri 31-Oct-14 12:57:46

Had a MW appointment this morning and mentioned that over the last week the baby's movements have significantly slowed down. Heartbeat was fine but she called the hospital anyway and they told me to go in at 2.30 this afternoon to be monitored.
The problem is that we live almost an hour and a half away from the hospital and I can't get hold of DH. He's working somewhere where there is no mobile phone signal. There's no way I can drive myself there and back as I'm so tired I'd probably have an accident.

Do you think I should call my MW and ask her to phone the hospital and get me a later appointment?

I have a feeling it's all going to be a false alarm as baby has been moving quite a bit since I got home!! Typical!!

Heels99 Fri 31-Oct-14 12:59:14

Get a taxi or bus. Dh can bring you back.
Hope all ok

Pootles2010 Fri 31-Oct-14 13:03:05

Tell midwife you can't get there, she may be able to sort something for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now