Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Expecting twins

(4 Posts)
Chantybanty Fri 21-Mar-14 19:33:25

Hello all,

By way of a little background information; I am 6 weeks + 6 days pregnant with twins (I know this because I went to the EPAGU) as I was experiencing pain in my lower abdomen.

Anyway the purpose for my post is to find out whether any other women with twins has bled in the first trimester? I've had two episodes of it now. Went back to the EPAGU and the Dr said all is fine.

Have you experienced this when carrying twins too?

MorningTimesAreHorrid Fri 21-Mar-14 21:43:29

Hi,

If you look in the multiples section, there us a discussion in there which mentions a lot of women finding out about twins after having bleeding early on, it seems to be fairly common.

I found out about my twins at about 5 weeks, after some bleeding & strong period-type cramps. They are now 15 months old. Good luck with your pregnancy.

Chantybanty Fri 21-Mar-14 22:24:01

Thank you for your response morningtimesarehorrid, I'm new to MN so working it all out. I will have a look at the discussions on multiples.

slightlyinsane Fri 21-Mar-14 23:35:38

I had some bleeding, fresh blood not old brown blood, at around 10wks ish. Found out at 12wk scan it's twins.There are lolots of women who've had random unexplained bleeding who go on to have healthy pregnancies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now