Talk

Advanced search

I'm getting married in Gibraltar and I will be about 23 weeks pg. Any advice/ tips.

(11 Posts)
EmilyJane86 Thu 20-Mar-14 23:37:57

I am struggling to find the right dress, also how long should you wait before buying a dress as my body will change a lot in the next 11 weeks. What style would be appropriate and suit me. I am short at 5 ft 2 busty and currently a size 12/14. I need something suitable for the hot weather too. Also struggling to decide where to have hair and make up done. I have quotes off two salons varying in price dramatically. One is charging around 80 for hair and make up and the other is charging 190. I can't find any reviews or pictures for either place to make my decision easier. Help so stressed out!!

summerbaby2014 Fri 21-Mar-14 08:35:53

I noticed some wedding dresses in the seraphine catalogue. They looked quite nice.
Good luck!

EmilyJane86 Fri 21-Mar-14 09:14:46

Well I found one on there yesterday I like buy my mother isn't keem

RaRa1988 Fri 21-Mar-14 09:21:18

When are you getting married? It may not be that hot there for starters... And at 23 weeks, you may not be particularly big either - I barely had a bump at that point and I'm your height. Obviously you can't wait until the last minute to find out, so could you look for a dress in stretchy material or that can be easily let out if you get bigger than expected?

Good choice of location btw smile

EmilyJane86 Fri 21-Mar-14 10:00:00

The temp will be around 24/26 so fairly warm
Here's the dress I'm thinking of getting

EmilyJane86 Fri 21-Mar-14 10:01:17

And this is the hair idea

chasingpenguins Fri 21-Mar-14 10:05:10

I got married at 24 weeks pregnant, usually a dress size eight, the dressmakers ordered in a ten, then altered it to fit about a week and a half before the wedding! You shouldn't be showing too much at that point, and the dress looks like it should accomodate for at least a little bit of growth!
Congratulations btw smile

EmilyJane86 Fri 21-Mar-14 10:22:46

Thanks. That's actually a maternity dress. So I know bump will fit it's just what size to get as I'm 12/13 weeks (scan this afternoon) and have already gained about half a stone. I'm normally a small 12 with defined waist but I'm just ballooning. Going to try stick to around 1700 class of good quality nutritious food and do yoga and walk so I don't end up the size of a whale.

RaRa1988 Fri 21-Mar-14 10:29:18

They're both really pretty - I think you'll look lovely smile . If it's a maternity dress, surely you should be able to get your normal size ie 12? There will be room in it for a bump.

EmilyJane86 Fri 21-Mar-14 11:43:14

No cause I'm getting so fat lol I think I will end up an 18 by the end of my pregnancy

saranga Fri 21-Mar-14 11:56:57

I was a 10 before I got pregnant and put on 5-7lbs in the first 12 weeks, making me more a 10/12. Now I'm 27 weeks and still wearing size 12. The bump is bigger, and my hips/arse a bit wider (or maybe softer) but I haven't gone up a dress size. Size 14 is still way too big for me (even in maternity wear). So I'd say get a size 12.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now