Talk

Advanced search

swimming and morning sickness

(8 Posts)
icklekid Sun 10-Nov-13 05:23:59

So I've had awful morning sickness/constant nausea for over a week now (6 weeks pg) I know its not likely to go any time soon. I've been very frustrated can't face running/going to the gym like I normally would. Anyway had a bath last night and it was the first 30mins without feeling sick all week. Would swimming do the same? Could I solve my exercise and sickness issues in 1? Any advice?

Geneticsbunny Sun 10-Nov-13 06:34:34

Only way to find out is to try it. Don't worry too much about the exercise thing. You will probably feel better after 1st trimester and can start again then.

Rhianna1980 Sun 10-Nov-13 10:45:20

My morning sickness disappeared when I had a swim. It was hard to drag myself to the pool in the first place as I was tired, gagging, and throwing up from all sorts of smells but once I started swimming it was gone. As soon as I finished swimming it came back. It was beyond awful sad I hated every minute! The only way is to try it out and see how it goes. Best wishes

ladylashes Sun 10-Nov-13 11:49:42

My morning sickness always reduces significantly when i'm in the water (thankfully!). Just make sure you eat something an hour / an hour and a half before swimming. Give it a go. All the best x

RaRa1988 Sun 10-Nov-13 12:22:22

I find mine is worse at first - was terrified I was going to end up throwing up on the side! hmm - but it eases over time and by the time I finish I feel much better.

puddleduck16 Sun 10-Nov-13 12:49:50

I still feel nausea at 26 weeks. I've swam throughout and find it helps a lot.

icklekid Sun 10-Nov-13 17:13:38

Thank you I will give it a try

CrispyFB Sun 10-Nov-13 23:48:04

Hmm.. I found that I was standing at the side watching the DDs swim trying hard not to be sick! Then again I was feeling sick everywhere. It could well be it lessened it slightly but it definitely wasn't gone!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »